Starting Point - 1st Nursery of the year!

Evening all, I am a relative beginner who is in it for the long haul. As others have said on previous 'new to betting threads' I find it a bit of a struggle deciding on where to start each day in terms of finding winners. Many of you tipsters have fantastic knowledge of certain aspects of horse racing and plenty of experience to base your selections upon, something which I am finding hard to do as I dont seem to have a starting point! Here's the question - it's the first Nursery of the year tomorrow, is this a good place to begin my note taking and then stick to simliar races in the future?? Relying upon others tips has been fun but is not the way I want to go forward as you cant beat landing wins with your own selections! (But clearly you don't need me to tell you that!!) Comments welcome Ta!

Re: Starting Point - 1st Nursery of the year! Nelsoni, I can see you are taking the bull by the horns and following previous advice of focussing on one certain race type. This is my first proper year of form reading, so I can't comment too much on nurseries, except to say that I think it's an ideal starting point than most. I have looked a bit over the past few months at trainer form by age, so nurseries would be very applicable. At a glance, I'd probably opt for Lady Victory, because I'm a fan of Channon and I do like the jockey, who's a former Aussie champ. :welcome to PL, best of luck tomorrow and don't get too down hearted if your selection finishes last!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.