Frijjbest's (best?) system

Hi everyone, I'll introduce myself first seeing as this is my first post! I've been a long time reader of this site and in particular the systems & strategy forum. It just fascinates me reading the differing views and techniques to come up with your selections to try and beat the bookie. Im 27, from Chester in the north west of England. I'm a bit of an excel geek and love my footy (among other sports) so I obviously try and combine the two for a bit of fun and hopefully some pocket money! A bit about my system - It's entirely statistical, there's no manual intervention based on any team news or anything like that. It looks across all previous results and slightly weights more recent form and calculates a probability that each team will score x amount of goals. I multiply out all of these probabilities to give me the % chance of each results (H/D/A). I apply these same logics to the total goals in a game, and whether or not I think both teams will score. This gives me 3 markets to look at, 1x2, U/O 2.5 goals and Both team score? Selection wise, All bets are backs, no lays. I pick out the most probable outcome for the result and crosscheck it with Betfair odds. If it is deemed to be a value bet it gets backed! Same goes for the under/overs. For the "both team score?" market, there has to be a greater than 50% chance of both teams scoring, and again is checked for value. Everything is backed at Betfair minimum £2. Hope that makes sense, any questions please shout! So here we go with todays selections: Apologies if I get my formatting wrong, I'm never quite sure how Excel translates into forum formats!

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][B]Date[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][B]Home[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Away[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][B]Bet[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][B]Odds[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][B]Stake[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][B]Result[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][B]P/L[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]ROI[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[SIZE=2]01-Jul-11[/SIZE][SIZE=2]TANJONG PAGAR UTD FC[/SIZE][SIZE=2]GEYLANG UNITED FC[/SIZE][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Over 2.5[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]1.8[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]£2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2]01-Jul-11[/SIZE][SIZE=2]GALWAY UNITED[/SIZE][SIZE=2]UCD[/SIZE][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Under 2.5[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]2.26[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]£2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2]01-Jul-11[/SIZE][SIZE=2]DUNDALK[/SIZE][SIZE=2]BOHEMIANS[/SIZE][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Under 2.5[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]1.71[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]£2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2]01-Jul-11[/SIZE][SIZE=2]DUNDALK[/SIZE][SIZE=2]BOHEMIANS[/SIZE][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Bohemians[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]4.1[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]£2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2]01-Jul-11[/SIZE][SIZE=2]BRAY WANDERERS[/SIZE][SIZE=2]SLIGO ROVERS[/SIZE][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Under 2.5[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]1.78[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]£2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2]01-Jul-11[/SIZE][SIZE=2]WATERFORD UNITED[/SIZE][SIZE=2]LONGFORD TOWN FC[/SIZE][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Under 2.5[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]1.81[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]£2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2]01-Jul-11[/SIZE][SIZE=2]MONAGHAN UNITED[/SIZE][SIZE=2]SHELBOURNE[/SIZE][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Under 2.5[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]1.84[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]£2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2]01-Jul-11[/SIZE][SIZE=2]MONAGHAN UNITED[/SIZE][SIZE=2]SHELBOURNE[/SIZE][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Shelbourne[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]2.42[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]£2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2]01-Jul-11[/SIZE][SIZE=2]LIMERICK FC[/SIZE][SIZE=2]MERVUE UNITED[/SIZE][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Under 2.5[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]2.34[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]£2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2]01-Jul-11[/SIZE][SIZE=2]ATHLONE TOWN[/SIZE][SIZE=2]WEXFORD YOUTHS[/SIZE][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Under 2.5[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]1.75[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]£2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2]01-Jul-11[/SIZE][SIZE=2]ATHLONE TOWN[/SIZE][SIZE=2]WEXFORD YOUTHS[/SIZE][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Athlone[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]2.22[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]£2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Total[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]2.18[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]£22[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]£0.00[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]0.0%[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/code]

Re: Frijjbest's (best?) system Not a bad start at all. No idea why Bohemians were priced so high since I had it as about 40% chance? Ah well can't complain!

Soccer / Monaghan Utd v Shelbourne : Over/Under 2.5 goals01-Jul-11 21:00 01-Jul-11 21:58 1.60
Soccer / Monaghan Utd v Shelbourne : Match Odds01-Jul-11 21:00 01-Jul-11 21:55 2.70
Soccer / Waterford v Longford : Over/Under 2.5 goals01-Jul-11 19:45 01-Jul-11 21:50 1.54
Soccer / Limerick v Mervue Utd : Over/Under 2.5 goals01-Jul-11 19:45 01-Jul-11 21:50 2.55
Soccer / Athlone v Wexford Youths : Over/Under 2.5 goals01-Jul-11 19:45 01-Jul-11 21:35 1.42
Soccer / Athlone v Wexford Youths : Match Odds01-Jul-11 19:45 01-Jul-11 21:34 2.32
Soccer / Dundalk v Bohemians : Match Odds01-Jul-11 19:45 01-Jul-11 21:33 5.89
Soccer / Bray v Sligo Rovers : Over/Under 2.5 goals01-Jul-11 19:45 01-Jul-11 21:27 -2.00
Soccer / Dundalk v Bohemians : Over/Under 2.5 goals01-Jul-11 19:45 01-Jul-11 21:23 -2.00
Soccer / Galway Utd v UCD : Over/Under 2.5 goals01-Jul-11 19:45 01-Jul-11 20:19 -2.00
Soccer / Tanjong Pagar Utd v Geylang Utd : Over/Under 2.5 goals01-Jul-11 12:30 01-Jul-11 14:23 -2.00

Re: Frijjbest's (best?) system Hi Mulkis - no poisson in this one although I have dabbled with it in previous systems. It looks for previous occurences of goals scored/conceded and applies a multiplier based on the opposing teams relative strength (My strength score is kind of a modified Elo system) to weight the data accordingly. A clean sheet and/or a goal agaisnt a top team is worth more for example. A teams results in the last 2 games could be 1-0, 1-1. That'd be 1 goal scored in 100% of games. If the 2nd game was a better team - 1.25 modifier say then my weighting would come out with 1 goal scored 87.5% of the time and 2 goals 12.5%. It's slightly more complicated than that but that is the basics. Both bets in the Singapore game were awful. 5-1 away win costing me £4 and putting the system into negative overall. :@

Re: Frijjbest's (best?) system What is good about your system is you are using small stakes as a test making it real and being accountable here. This provides the benefit of focus and the chance to get feedback. As you indicate only one match worth looking at today and I hope you are correct with both bets. Will follow this thread - best of luck :hope Al

Re: Frijjbest's (best?) system Circiuma V Goias under 2.5 being layed significantly - now 2.1 when I took the odds 22.47pm, as I agree with you but all will become clear in the morning! Just looked back to 1.94 very starange maybe lucky for a change in getting good odds time will tell. Al

Re: Frijjbest's (best?) system I was lucky with the price and result 2-0 Cirima V Goais - that must be a first I have ever hit a peak price when betting! :D Mixed results for you only a small impact better luck today. Al

Re: Frijjbest's (best?) system I would have ignored the Nigata Koku - to close to call hence the odds Interesting your call on Home United it was a draw last year so :hope for you Rest are tonight and if get chance will look at later Al