Planning first vegas trip reccomendations please

Esox

Hi All, we are planning our first trip to Vegas in Nov this year to celebrate a big anniversary :clap, looking for reccomendations on hotels, something nice but not crazy money, poker rooms obviously and anything else good or bad, Thanks in advance Esox.

Re: Planning first vegas trip reccomendations please

best place for value is imperial palace closely followed by the excalibur :ok if you want something a bit more dearer but worth it - check out Planet Hollywood :ok
Been to Vegas twice and thats the two hotels I stayed in. I much prefered Excalibur as the hotel facilities were far better than IP. I was on my own the second time so saved a few quid on the flight by not going direct. Unless your really running to a budget get a direct flight it really is'nt worth the hassle to save a few quid.

Re: Planning first vegas trip reccomendations please

I was on my own the second time so saved a few quid on the flight by not going direct. Unless your really running to a budget get a direct flight it really is'nt worth the hassle to save a few quid.
I agree, only been once myself and did not fly direct to make it cheaper but it made a long day a lot longer, After a long day travelling the next flight was like being crammed on a bus for another 4 1/2 hours. I stayed at Bally's, do not know how it compares price wise, but good hotel and poker room Have a great time

Re: Planning first vegas trip reccomendations please I cant recommend priceline enough for a bargain on hotels (and I'm guessing Vegas would be the best deals of the lot!!) - in conjunction with BetterBidding (so you all but know what you're bidding for, and how much it will cost). My Dad's currently on hols in Canada - got him some incredible deals - he's currently staying in the Renaissance Toronto (which is the hotel built into the Skydome stadium) and I got that for him for 4 nights at £42 per night (check the best deal you can get elsewhere for that hotel - I'm sure you wont beat it). Also fatwallet is worth a look for hotel deals in vegas (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/travel-discussion/1036400/)

Re: Planning first vegas trip reccomendations please It all depends on your budget, We go to Vegas every year for 3-6 weeks, We've stayed in several different hotels. Biggest recommendation is DON'T book through a travel agent, It will cost you so much more. We always fly direct and found the best hotel for us is The Orleans, it is off strip but has a great card room (if you play cash that is), cinema, bowling, nice pool and gym. It's clean and friendly, also they have a great restaurant called canal street, best steak I've ever tasted. Their buffet is pretty good too. We normally hire a car for our trip but The Orleans do provide a free bus service to the strip every 30 mins so you can go to the other hotels and see the sites. The other good card rooms are Caesar's Palace and The Venetian they have great tourney's. The Aria have great comps from their card room and they also offer discount for rooms if you ask their card room manager, see previous link I put up: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f125/punterslounge-vegas-2011-tour-115689/index2.html#post1963533 From the airport if your going to a main hotel on the strip there is a shuttle bus that will take you there for a fraction of the cost of a taxi, been ripped off several times by the taxi drivers. If you play quite a bit of poker you can clock up a lot of comps from the hotels, always sign up to there player cards as this will save you money and give you decent discounts. (play 4 hrs a day at The Orleans to get 20% off your room rate that's only 2 hrs each if sharing). The slots and table games also give you points which can give you comps like free meals, discount on room. Don't buy drinks from the bar! they are free if you sit at a slot machine or play poker/table games, just tip the waitress's when they bring you them. Friend of ours insisted on going to the bar and it cost him over $50 just for 6 drinks and 1 of them was a soft drink. If you want to see shows the best place we found to get tickets is Tix4Tonight they have several locations see their website for details http://www.tix4tonight.com/ unless you want to sit through one of those time share speech sessions that some hotels try to get you to go on, if that don't bother you then you can pick them up for free. Would be able to give you more info if I knew your budget. But most of all Have fun!!

Re: Planning first vegas trip reccomendations please Thanks for your advice all, decided to push the boat out a little and treat ourselves to the Aria, looks awesome and some really good deals around, Cheers all Esox.

Re: Planning first vegas trip reccomendations please Good choice Esox, Hope you have a fab time. The restaurant called The Lemongrass there is great, got our meal free there from playing poker in their card room. Nice hotel staff are very nice too. Enjoy :)

Re: Planning first vegas trip reccomendations please I just got back from vegas last week and we had a visit to the Aria and it was very nice. It had a classy feel to it. We stayed at the tropicana which was nice now it has been done up. The poker room there was not up too much though, they have only just opened it and will do anything to get you to play there.

Re: Planning first vegas trip reccomendations please Thanks for the advice and suggestions folks, all booked great deal on a room & semi direct flights man-lon-vegas just need to decide where to play and save up now :eek Cheers all...Esox.