BBOTD Thursday 16th

4.25 Ascot Dream Achieved e/w 16/1 StanJames A very tough race for punters but you are looking for something carrying less than 9 stone and something drawn high. I like the look of this horse that runs for last year’s winning trainer Barry Hills. He was a decent 3rd in his seasonal reappearance behind Ocean War but beating the likes of Midsummer Sun and Alkimos. They have both franked the form and Dream Achieved himself won well at Kempton over a mile. Dream Acheieved looks an unexposed improving type which is what you are looking for in this race. He has the perfect high draw and the aid of Robert Winston who has a good record when riding for Barry Hills.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 16th 17.35 Ascot - Apache @ 7/1 Ladbrokes Apache needed four attempts to open his account but with the step up in trip to 12f he could finally broke his maiden tag recently at Leopardstown. It was a quite good performance (coincidently I was live at the track that day) against obviously modest rivals. But how he travelled all the way was impressive. He finished fast still on the bridle. In the King George is much more required obviously especially as the top weight. But talented Joseph O'Brien will claim 3lb. Aiden O'Briens horses are overall very well in form at the moment so that I expect a big run by Apache as well.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.