Percentage of a Winning Football Betting Strategy?

Good evening all, I just joined to post a quick question to you all..... I have designed a football betting system which "predicts" football bets for Home Wins, Away Wins, Draws, Overs and Unders and have been working on decyphering the statistics for a couple of months. I am currently undergoing back-testing, and have currently back-tested just over 500 matches from England and France from last season; I am continuing to check and throughout the summer I hope to have back-tested around 3000 matches from 8 different leagues across Europe. My question is this..... what percentage of wins would be considered a good return. I was thinking that anything over 80% is good and my backtesting stats so far are as follows..... Matches Checked - 522 Bets Placed - 34 Winners - 28 Lost - 6 Percentage - 82.35% Is this a good strike rate for a system, or should I be tweaking the conditions to try and go a little higher? Cheers in Advance :cheers

Re: Percentage of a Winning Football Betting Strategy? Hi, piginabush.... and :welcome to PL. You cannot measure the success of a system simply in terms of strike rate. Certainly over 80% strike rate would be excellent if your are betting at odds of around 1.50 :loon..... not so impressive if the average odds are 1.20 ;) Try including the odds statistics, and you may get some constructive replies.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.