Does picking sensible favourites win long term?what do you think of my system.

From time to time I do very small bets on football teams normally just a pound because im tight dont want to do more i want to turn something small into something big then use that. I would have done accumulators and got a couple up for around £100 with a pound. the thing is though it was always one team that messed it up on the day so got frustrated. However now im trying a double up thing where i start with a pound pick a team sensibly that I think will win like before, take the winnings and put it on another team over a week etc and just roll it up to about a £100 then go back to the start. Currently now I've got it up to £15 from £1 which woulda been £20 if tsongas tennis oppenent didnt pull out which I think is good profit. The plan then is to work up enough to start with say like £100 instead of a pound and work it up to £500 or £1k or something in fewer bets. but no doubt this is wrong surely there is a more effecient way of doing this like stopping at £20 and going back to the start, instead of £100 like finding the right balance between winning streak and profit if you know what I mean. Another thing i was thinking off why not just flat bet on the favourite since I normally get a lot up and its just a few "upsets" that ruin it? like teams that have a very good chance of winning not with ridiculous odds of course like 1 to 12. Would that not profit long term if a winner could consistently be picked?

Re: Does picking sensible favourites win long term?what do you think of my system.

From time to time I do very small bets on football teams normally just a pound because im tight dont want to do more i want to turn something small into something big then use that. I would have done accumulators and got a couple up for around £100 with a pound. the thing is though it was always one team that messed it up on the day so got frustrated. However now im trying a double up thing where i start with a pound pick a team sensibly that I think will win like before, take the winnings and put it on another team over a week etc and just roll it up to about a £100 then go back to the start. Currently now I've got it up to £15 from £1 which woulda been £20 if tsongas tennis oppenent didnt pull out which I think is good profit. The plan then is to work up enough to start with say like £100 instead of a pound and work it up to £500 or £1k or something in fewer bets. but no doubt this is wrong surely there is a more effecient way of doing this like stopping at £20 and going back to the start, instead of £100 like finding the right balance between winning streak and profit if you know what I mean. Another thing i was thinking off why not just flat bet on the favourite since I normally get a lot up and its just a few "upsets" that ruin it? like teams that have a very good chance of winning not with ridiculous odds of course like 1 to 12. Would that not profit long term if a winner could consistently be picked?
Wellcome 2huskys! :welcome U asked a few things but they all have a common answer. U need to pick/back/bet winners. How to find winners? Its the eternal question!!! :D

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.