Flat Racing 31st May

3.00 Redcar Poor racing and only one runner catches my eye across the 3 flat cards and that is Ishetoo. The others in the race have plenty of questions but that does include Ishetoo aswell. Hamoody doesnt look particuarly well handicapped but is able to make his presence felt in hot handicaps which he showed on penultimate start in a hot race at Newmarket but was a no-show last time out which is a massive concern but it is worth noting last try over this trip was his last win and he could prove a big danger if bouncing back. Bronze Beau was a very poor maiden until winning a very weak Maiden Seller at Hamilton last year which provided no solid form what soever but then started to find some form winning a couple of handicaps and good placed efforts, back off the mark last time out but was able to dictate and unchallenged so off an 8lb higher mark this looks very tough. Ishetoo has struggled to win for nearly 2 years now but was a very decent sprinter at his best and now is very dangerously handicapped if ever able to recapture the spark having won off a 17lb higher mark at his best. Goes well on fast ground as well as slightly sounder ground so any overnight rain isnt a massive concern and Hanagan looks a strong booking. His record fresh is also very encouraging with several placed efforts and a win when fresh except last year when he was disappointing but Hanagan booked and yard had a winner over the weekend suggest things are perhaps lined up for a good try. 1pt e/w Ishetoo 8/1 vc

Re: Flat Racing 31st May 4:15 Leicester - Bu Naaji This will be Roger Varian's first ever 2yo entrant, and only runner of the day. Not sure whether it's a wise move going for this with no trainer 2yo form to draw on, although it is Al Maktoum owned. I stated on my Monday bbotd that Varian had a 100% record at Leicester, and he still does after his 3yo romped home. He'll want to maintain that and switches back to using stable jockey, Neil Callan. Callan has a 16% win rate on 2yo's this season and is on 1 win in 1 on 2yo's at Leicester in 2011, also. 3:45 Leicester - Jack's Revenge Matthew Davies is one of my fave jocks as I find he is very reliable in the saddle. He only needs a few more winners to lose his claim and should go one step nearer after this. It's his only ride of the day and it's for George Baker, with whom he has a 35% win rate with - from 34 rides in 2011. He's won on the horse before and after the 3yo won by 15 lengths just 5 days ago, Davis' weight allowance will take the penalty down to just 2lbs. Baker, too, has a ridiculous strike rate for 3yo's - 9 wins from 18.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.