BBOTD Tues 31st May

4:15 Leicester - Bu Naaji This will be Roger Varian's first ever 2yo entrant, and only runner of the day. Not sure whether it's a wise move going for this with no trainer 2yo form to draw on, although it is Al Maktoum owned. I stated on my Monday bbotd that Varian had a 100% record at Leicester, and he still does after his 3yo romped home. He'll want to maintain that and switches back to using stable jockey, Neil Callan. Callan has a 16% win rate on 2yo's this season and is on 1 win in 1 on 2yo's at Leicester in 2011, also. :hope Win @ sp

Re: BBOTD Tues 31st May 4.45 Leicester Comptonspirit 10/1 win Bet365 I think this horse could be ready to win again. Last season he won multiple races at 5f and 6f and his run last time out suggests he could be ready to go in again. His highest winning mark came off 68 where he won pretty comfortably by 2 lengths. Last time out was this horses best run for a while and that came off 72. He did best of those who raced up with the pace and was only beaten 2 lengths in the end. He has only been dropped 1lb since that run but the jockey’s claim here takes the horse to a mark of 66 which is 2lbs below his last winning mark. This stiff 5f should suit and the stable are in good form at the moment.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.