Flat Racing Sunday 29th MAY

Nottingham 2:50 Skylla 8-1 BET365(BOG) 1 POINT WIN Richard Faheys only runner today and as usual champion jockey takes the ride. On the pick of its form this horse is on a very dangerous mark, has won off this mark but has performed very well off a much higher mark in bigger races than this. His last two runs are a bit of a worry but maybe they were just for fitness to get to a low mark like today and use this race to get back firing. Fahey yard are red hot and sending one runner today surely not for a waste of time. I guess they are hoping the low mark and a return to this track(previous C&D winner) will revive this horse. Lots of doubts about the others, some need career bests and others are out of form.

Re: Flat Racing Sunday 29th MAY 14:50 Nottingham Going to take my chances on a big price in this race. For me this is probably the best race of the day, not many come into this race in good form although three last time out winners line up. My selection lies with one of those three and that is Walter Swinburn's Tagula Night. This does come with some risk as this is the horses first run since his win at Goodwood 259 days ago. He won very confortably that day, running out a 2 and a half length winner in good style. The form of that race hasn't worked out to be the strongest but he is an improving horse and although a 7lb rise in the weights may be a tough ask to overcome, I believe he will be thereabouts come the end of the race. Another risk that comes with him is that he has been off the track for a long time so he may not be fully wound up. Took a few races to hit some form last year but he did win on his comeback in 2009 though which does show he can go well fresh. Walter Swinburn sends just the one up to Nottingham today which catches my eye and this is also John Fahy's only ride today which is another positive for me. 1pt E/W Tagula Night @ 20/1 (VC Bet - BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.