Flat Racing Wednesday 25th May

4.25 Ayr Amtaar 1pt e/w 12/1 William Hill Fitness has to be taken on trust with this horse but there is every chance she could turn out to be better than these. She has a nice pedigree and plenty of soft ground influences so tomorrows conditions should suit. Her best runs to date have come on the all weather and in particular last time out when finishing 1.5 lengths behind Fighter Boy. She is flattered by that distance but Fighter Boy is now rated 107. The highest rated in this race is 67 so if Amtaar is fit, I will be disappointed if she cant get involved. The booking of Paul Hannagan suggests that they could be expecting a big run from the horse. Bit risky considering she has been off for so long but if ready to go, I think we might see a much improved performance on this softer ground. Price taken yesterday for this one. I know there will be a heft rule 4 now the favourite has come out 3.15 Ayr The Nifty Fox 2pts win 11/2 William Hill The Nifty Fox is very consistent but hasn't won for a while now. He has a nice swing in the weights with both Strike Up The Band (8lbs taking into account he had a claimer on board last time) and La Toreador (6lbs) who he finished less than 2 lengths behind last time out. The cut in the ground will suit The Nifty Fox here and he should run a good race. He runs for one of the top trainers at the course and has the aid of Graham Gibbons who I like. 2.40 Ayr Saxonette 1p e/w 12/1 William Hill The stable are not in the best of form but I think this horse has a big chance dropped in grade. Was beaten a long way into 4th last time out but the winner that day has won again off 68. Saxonette was caught widest of all throughout the whole race that day and this is the worst place to be at Newcastle. She ran well enough that day but the ground may have been to lively as well. The ground today at Ayr should suit much more and she has also been dropped another 2lbs after her run last time out. It is surely a matter of time before this stable start to bang in some winners and they have found a very weak race for this horse. Hopeful of a big run! 9.00 Beverley Lemon Drop Red 2pts win 4/1 Coral Favourite here looks set for another big run but I like the look of Lemon Drop Red upped in trip. Was first to come under pressure last time out at this course but stayed on very strongly in the final stages to suggest this extra 2f will suit. The booking of the champion as well suggests they expect a big run from the horse. 7.30 Beverley Queen's Revenge 2pts win 9/2 Bet 365 Queen's Revenge ran a cracker on debut to win. Although she missed the break quite badly and was well behind after the first furlong she started to make up the ground well despite looking green. She cut her way through the pack with the jockey never having to go for the whip. She should come on plenty for that run and wouldn't need to improve much to take this. If she gets a good break I can see her stepping up on what was a promising debut and taking this.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.