Jumps Racing ~ May 7th Saturday

Haydock 3.40 Tatispout 0.75pt EW - 10/1 Remember Now 0.5pt win - 11/2 Longsdon's horses usually get backed, so I'm gonna tip this one now. Could end up 7/1 in the morning, because she is an improving mare and I expect a lot of support for her. Travels really well in her races and handicapper might still not have her right. The favorite is also lightly raced and is a half brother to Binocular. Beat Tatispout conceding weight at Stratford and meets her on far better terms. Tricky race with few unexposed types, but I think these two are the ones with the most scope.

Re: Jumps Racing ~ May 7th Saturday Haydock 3.40 - Remember Now - 5pts win @ 11/2 (Paddy Power) Remember Now is a lightly raced sort who I feel has much more improvement to come. It has only raced 5 times, and has gradually improved with every run, winning it's last 2 races. In it's first win, it showed a great attitude to get back up on the line having been headed on the run in, and it improved greatly last time out to win with a bit in hand. He's been raised 10 pounds for that win by the handicapper, but that shouldn't be a problem for him with more natural improvement sure to come. AP McCoy takes the ride, and it looks like he's going to Haydock just to ride Remember Now. He has 1 other ride on the card, on Al Co in the previous race, who's a quirky sort who is liable to turn up to the races in any sort of mood on any given day. It certainly wouldn't be a huge chance for a winner, so it appears to me that AP is going there for this ride. This race is a rise in class for Remember Now, but I'm sure he should be able to handle it and with conditions perfect, AP on board, improvement to come I think this is maximum bet territory. Hopefully the horse does the business now tomorrow to justify my confidence.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.