Flat Racing: 6th May 2011

5.10 Chester A 12 runner mile & a half Class 4 handicap and several in with chances. Going 6/1 the field so hard to pinpoint the winner but the one I like at a decent price is: Destinys Dream (10/1 Bet365 BOG) - I really like the chances of this one, despite its unfashionable stable. Has loads in its favour, including the drop in both grade and mark albeit still 4lb above last winning mark. Looks a good horse at this trip, loves the firmish going and has a nice record around Chester. Add to that an excellent low draw and plenty to recommend this one. Won 3 times last year and placed a further 6 times from just 11 runs. It's no shows were on its reappearance run and when upped to listed company. This is its 2nd run back, ran down the field first time up but not without promise so, if taking its form forward from last term, has a major chance. Won 1, placed 2 more from 4 Chester starts, 4 win / 6 places from 14 tries at the trip as well as favourable records in grade, on the ground and with todays jock on top. Looks too big in an open race and I'm expecting a very big run from this smooth travelling sort.

Re: Flat Racing: 6th May 2011 Chester 1.45 - Pintura - 2pts win @ 9/2 (Bet365) David Simcock's charge Pintura looks to have a great chance of landing the spoils in this Class 2 Handicap over 7.5 furlongs. Pintura ran an absolute cracker in the Spring Cup at Newbury last time out, coming second, only failing to win by a neck. A reproduction of that run should be good enough to take this race tomorrow. There was a suspicion that Pintura only acted on ground with a bit of cut in it, but that performance at Newbury proved he could handle a quicker surface. He's raised 3 pounds for that run, but that doesn't seem too excessive in my opinion and he should be able to go very close tomorrow. The draw is all important at Chester, and he's been drawn in box 5, which is a decent draw to get a good early position from. Without wanting to rule out any horses drawn in a high number, the lower numbers really are very important over these short trips at Chester. With the draw in his favour, the trip and conditions in his favour, and his run last time out being so impressive, I'm confident Jamie Spencer can get a good tune out of him and give me a good run for my money. Chester 4.40 - Moretta Blanche - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 (Bet365) Moretta Blanche has been off the track for almost 300 days, but she's a very lightly raced animal having only raced 3 times in her life, and she will hopefully show more improvement tomorrow. She hasn't ran since finishing 6th of 10 in a Class 3 Handicap at Newmarket last July, and she takes a drop in class tomorrow. She also returns to a more suitable trip of 7 furlongs, the same trip she won his first 2 races. Her 3rd run came over an inadequate 6 furlongs, so returning to 7 furlongs looks like a positive move. Moretta Blanche will be coming out of box 7 tomorrow, which is suitable for my selection to get into a good position from the off. She's still completely unexposed and looks the sort to improve over the winter. My only concern is a lack of race fitness but I'm going to take the chance that the trainer has her well prepared for a good tilt at tomorrow's race. Chester 5.10 - Dynamic Drive - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 (Bet365) Dynamic Drive has a very good chance of winning this Class 4 Handicap over 1m4f. He's still a lightly raced 4 year old, who rounded off last season with 2 good handicap wins at Goodwood and Bath. He ran an adequate race on his comeback off a 185 day break over the winter, finishing 6 of 13 in a hot looking handicap at Epsom. He takes a drop in class tomorrow, as well as being dropped 2 pounds by the handicapper, which looks to have given him a fantastic chance tomorrow. Stall 7 is where Dynamic Drive will come from tomorrow, which is a good draw to get. The trip and ground won't be a problem, and with more natural improvement sure to come, as well as improvement in his fitness levels from his first run of the season, I expect a big performance from Dynamic Drive tomorrow. Small each way stakes again because it's quite a competitive race, with plenty of chances in it.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.