Jumps Racing Thursday 5th May

5.30 Punchestown Mourad 2.5pts e/w 9/2 William Hill I have put this bet on early as they are the only firm to offer 9/2 for this horse. For me he is a great each way bet. I can't see him finishing out of the first 3 and there is every chance he can give the favourite a good race. Mourad's first race over 3miles was in this race last year where he finished third. This season Mourad has come back looking better than ever. Two comfortable wins at grade 2 level was followed up by a good effort finishing third at Cheltenham behind the big 2 in Big Bucks and Grands Crus. This horse is a sound jumper and has never fallen in his career. The improvement he has shown this year should get him pretty close to the hot favourite. Saying that though, Quevega looked better than ever when hacking up at Cheltenham, never having to come off the bridle. I think Mourad at 9/2 is a great each way bet and money back is the very least you can expect... well I hope!

Re: Jumps Racing Thursday 5th May Punchestown 4.15 - Cuan Na Grai - 1.5pts e/w @ 18/1 (Ladbrokes) Cuan Na Grai looks to have a very good chance of landing the spoils in this wide open handicap chase. He won at the course before, at last year's festival, beating Themoonandsixpence in very impressive fashion. That win came after a very poor run at Fairyhouse 19 days beforehand, and ironically he ran a shocker at Fairyhouse 9 days ago so hopefully he follows the same pattern as last year. This race comes 10 days sooner than last years race, but Cuan Na Grai has been relatively lightly raced in recent seasons so I'm expecting him to still have the legs to compete. He'll appreciate the underfoot conditions tomorrow, and the trip won't be a problem. He has a decent young claimer on board in Michael Doran who'll take off a valuable 7 pounds, bringing Cuan Na Grai's racing weight down to 11 stone. I'm very confident he can produce another good run tomorrow, and I'm having medium stakes each way at what looks a massive price. Paddy Power currently price him up as a 12/1 shot, and I personally think that's a more realistic price for him. Punchestown 6.05 - Sir Vincent - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 (Boylesports) A 25 runner handicap over 3 miles isn't exactly an easy puzzle to solve, but I fancy the Mullins/Walsh combination to take the spoils here. Mullins has 6 of the 25 runners in the field, so he'll be hopeful of taking the prize with one of those 6, but the fact Walsh has chosen Sir Vincent is a bonus in my eyes. He ran over 3 miles for the first time at Fairyhouse 22 days ago, finishing 2nd to Baracas. He was held up that day and didn't get the clearest of passages through to finish a fast closing 2nd. With more luck in running tomorrow and slightly more positive tactics, I feel he can take the prize. Conditions won't be a problem, and with Willie Mullins in flying form, I'm hopeful of him having another winner in this race.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.