Flat Racing ~ Sunday May 1st

Newmarket 3.50 Tiddliwinks 0.75pt EW - 14/1 Lads Holland and Spencer gave him some stinkers last year and he was unlucky with the draw a few times as well. Still 9lbs better off on the AW and he clearly acts on turf. Trainer with 2 winners today and Phil Makin on board a big positive. Might need it, but he is a well handicapped horse and I'm gonna play. The 14/1 at Ladbrokes seems rather big.

Flat Racing; Sunday 1st May Newmarket 15:15 - 5pts EW Moonlight Cloud @ 5/1 Skybet (4 Places, 1/4) Offered 4 places with Skybet at 5/1 and I think she rates an outstanding each-way bet at those odds, can't see her out of the frame. Trained by Freddie Head in France, I think she'll relish this step up to a mile, her re-appearance run in France on April 7th looks a very strong run in a Group 3, beating Helleborine by 2 lengths who is supposedly well thought of. This one couldn't be more thought of, with her trainer saying back in September 2010 that she was "the best two-year-old I have ever trained", she looks to have progressed well given her run LTO so they must be delighted with that. Special Duty won this last season who was also coming over from France, she's the clear pick of the French runners and I think she'll be too good for our lot.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.