Yankee bet?

Hi punters! I've been betting on european football matches for some years now, nothing big though, just for pleasure :) I recently changed my bookmaker so that I now have an account with Unibet. Here i discovered a bet called a Yankee bet. I've read what i could find about this bet on the net, but i still don't quite understand the major advantage/disadvantedge the yankee bet holds compared to a traditioal bet (in my case it would be a quad). Can any of you tell me the pros and cons, if i should go Yankee or quad? Thanks in advance -Pelle, Denmark

Re: Yankee bet? A yankee is a four-selection multiple bet which has all multiples except singles. 1 Fourfold (Quad) 4 Trebles 6 Doubles So it totals 11 bets. If you add singles on also, you get 15 bets (Lucky 15). Multiple bets like these are usually used on higher-priced markets like horse racing, or football correct scores. Seeing as your return for, say, short-priced football result betting is going to be minimal if you only get 2 out of 4, stick to accumulators for that sort of thing.

Re: Yankee bet? Yes, in a nutshell. The difference is the fact you're either shelling out 11 times your stake unit for all the different multiples, or only staking 1/11th of what you normally would on the accumulator. If you normally place £10 fourfolds, you may place a £1 yankee instead (£11). But if all four win, you have a £1 fourfold, £1 trebles etc. which won't pay as much. For example, four winners all at 6/4. £10 Fourfold = £390.62 £1 Yankee (£11) = £139.06 75p Lucky 15 (£11.25) = £111.80 However, if you are placing bets which are more speculative, at higher odds, and you may only be expecting 2 to return a result, a yankee may well be the best way to go. For example, four horses at 8/1. Two come in. £10 Fourfold = £0 £1 Yankee (£11) = £81 75p Lucky 15 (£11.25) = £74.25 I feel like I've just made this far more complicated than necessary but hope you've got something out of that!

Re: Yankee bet? A yankee consists of 4 selections Lets said ABCD The bet would then be as follows AB = £1 double AC = £1 double AD = £1 double BC = £1 double BD = £1 double CD = £1 double ABC = £1 Treble ABD = £1 Treble ACD = £1 Treble BCD = £1 Treble ABCD = £1 Accumulator If you get 1 winner no return, 2 winners you will have a £1 double, now the returns will depend up on the prices you have got. In reality you have loss 10 bets and won 1 if 1 loses you have already loss over half the bet, as 3 winners only give you 4 winning bets, as 3 x doubles and 1 x treble

Re: Yankee bet? This inspired me to create a simple spreadsheet to calculate returns on Yankee, and compare them with singles and accumulator: http://gubbed.me/fair/?p=849 I've checked the file against Danoxford's examples from post #4, and it works; bear in mind that figures he provided in that post are returns, not profits, i.e., include your stakes.