Progressive Betting Test Using Tipsters Knowledge.

Hi There, I've always been interested in the idea of good advice and good bank roll management can lead to profitable returns. I have never tried it myself so I am going to give it a go - see if it's true. I have also been told that a martingale style approach can lead to ruin. I'm sure it can and let's put this to the test then. My Rules Then:- I will be starting my bankroll at 80 pts. Every race I choose will be at least 3-1 (ie I put 1pt on, win and get 4pts back in total - this includes my stake) My Staking Plan is as such:-

Bet No Stake Cum Loss Win Profit
1 1 1 4 3
2 2 3 8 5
3 3 6 12 6
4 4 10 16 6
5 5 15 20 5
6 7 22 28 6
7 9 31 36 5
8 12 43 48 5
9 16 59 64 5
10 21 80 84 4
Hope the above makes sense. If I do not win any of the above ten races I will go bust and lose my 80pts. If however I increase my bankroll I shall also keep you up to date on that. I will always stop after 10 consecutive losses and start again with what bankroll I have until - bust:-( Here's how I am going to choose my horses:- 1:- I have the racing post android app on my Samsung GalaxyS mobile phone which lists all/ most races and gives a tip from the following tipsters: spotlight, Rp Ratings, Postdata, The North, The Times, The Telegraph, The Guardian, Daily Mail, The Express, Daily Mirror, The Sun, The Star. This App tallies the tipsters up and rates the horse with the highest amount of tips etc. 2:- I am going to carefully sellect a horse that has a high rating of tips from the app and only one horse race per day. 3:- I am going to look at Timeform.com and see if it gives a similiar reading and also check it to betfair stats. 4:- As above it needs to be at the right odds 3-1 or above for the staking plan to work. 5:- Daily I am going to post what horse I have chosen and at what price using betfair and with my reasoning backed up by above plan. 6:- I am going to post the results each day with my bankroll and maybe some commentry such as "Oh no, I'm bust:-(" 7:- I shall not be using real money for this trial I am only using pts on this site as at this stage I think it's destined to fail. I will post my first selection tomorrow so until then... kind regards Richard

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.