Flat Racing; Sun 24th April

16:55 Sandown I may be mad to take on the Henry Cecil charge, especially as the price currently available, won’t be in the morning. However, Roger Varian has seemingly slipped into Michael Jarvis’ shoes with little hassle, and I think Dominant has a decent chance in this contest over 1m2f. The 3yo has had two starts to date, and won on debut at Goodwood over 7f. He took a little bit of time to get going but was going away nicely at the finish. The form of that maiden wasn’t the greatest with the runner up not improving as connections would have hoped (still a maiden). Dominant showed though that he’s a decent animal when finishing a very respectable 8th in the Tattersalls 2yo Millions Trophy. He was up with the pace in the leading group but just didn’t have the toe to crack on when needs be, but he wasn’t stopping at the finish. That race was obviously very strong, with potential Classic contenders coming out of it including the winner Fury. Dominant seemed a little awkward at times, and I think that may have been due to the soft surface he was running on. He was changing his legs at some points, and I feel that the better ground he’ll encounter today should help him. He takes a step up in trip from 7f to 1m2f, but seemingly should stay on his running style, as well as his pedigree as his dam won over this trip. Dominant did look a little backwards last season, and the Newmarket “hounds” were shouting that he’d come on a lot in time, but he still managed to win on debut. He will have been given time to mature over the winter, and I think he has potential to be a fine animal. He has entries to a top-class 1m2f sales race at Newmarket later in the year, and I think that sort of race is within him. He has an official rating of 88, which is probably fair on the form of his last run. It may be one weakness to his chances that he has to carry top weight, this race been a handicap. It’s also a pretty competitive contest, so I wouldn’t really want to invest too heavily, even though I really like his chances. Cecil, Godolphin and the Jane Chappele-Hyam mounts are all big dangers, but at the prices, I’ll be pretty disappointed to see Dominant out of the first three and at a price of 8/1, he rates the value pick. Dominant; 1pt EW @ 8/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: Flat Racing; Sun 24th April Muss 15:40 - Hunza Dancer @ 10/11 Boylesports 5pts You don't see Gosden send many here and Hunza Dancer looks the one to beat. Two 3rd's so far of which the form of those races look okay, there really doesn't look much to oppose him with here, Intiqaal & Donnaconna were both well beat on 1st start, the main danger looks to be Cape Classic who was 3rd on the AW LTO but his turf run isn't much to write about, Hunza Dancer should get off the mark on 3rd run.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.