BBOTD - Saturday 23rd April

OK, so I know I'm eager but got a stag do this weekend and can't post on Saturday 7:30 Nottingham - Aldedash - Back Placed twice out of 2 starts, he looks a sure-fire future winner and today should be his day. Clearly the stable first string based on jockey bookings and looks to be better than Major Domo based on form thus far. Should be tough to beat under a very good jockey here 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 23rd April 3.45 Sandown DICK TURPIN 4/5 William Hill Think its fair to say that Richard Hannon likes winning this race, having won it 6 times in the last 8 years. His runner this year is an extremely high class horse, having run consistently well in 1 mile group 1 company last year. On his reappearance he beat CANFORD CLIFFS and then went on to finish second 3 times in group 1 company before deservedly winning in France. DICK TURPIN can go on any ground and I fully expect him to win this. With Hannon's record in the race, the horse will have been well prepared for the race and will be ready to go first time up. Stable are in decent enough form and this horse only has 3 others to beat as I think HIGHLAND KNIGHT is purely in here for pace making duties. CITYSCAPE steps into group 2 company, having won a group 3 last time out by 7 lengths. His record fresh is good having finished second on both occasions but I have a slight doubt about the ground. His best races have come on slower ground and with the forecast remaining dry and sunny, I can see it being pretty quick ground come Saturday. Don't think he quite has the class of DICK TURPIN but could very much take advantage if the favourite has an off day. MUSIC SHOW is very much a favourite of mine having won the Falmouth Stakes last year very readily. She also goes well fresh and has a big chance here on ground which she won't mind at all. She also gets a slight weight allowance and the stable are in cracking form. DREAM EATER is the only other horse worth mentioning, and although he has run well in top company, I just can't be having him here. Don't think the stable are in the best of form with plenty of their runners looking in need of a run. Pretty tough race to call as I could see any of the first 3 in the betting taking this, but DICK TURPIN should prove too good before going on to bigger and better things this year. Hannon will want to keep up his good record in the race and they most definintely have a good chance in doing so with this horse.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.