Serious Sports Betting

Hi A quick bit about me. I'm 37 and have been punting since I picked up my first wage at 16! Like most punters, I lost more than I won but didn't care much. Then, in my early thirties, I started playing online poker. At first, poker was much the same but I realised that there could be money to be made at it, so I set about learning the games and improving. Now, I'm a regular winner at small stakes to the tune of around £5k per year on average A consequence of learning about poker taught me the importance of value. I'd heard the word value bandied about for years on TV but never really understood what it meant. My sports betting is now much better but truth be told, I'm still a losing punter, usually due to lack of discipline and not taking it as seriously as I take poker. I'd like to add profitable sports betting to my gambling portfolio though. As times get harder, I like the idea of getting close to being able to fully support myself with gambling. I assume that a lot of the disciplines are going to be similar, such as have good bankroll management, don't bet outside of your means etc.. I could quite easily develop these skills, as I imagine that they're easily transferable from poker to sports betting but I don't really have any skills in identifying good bets and good markets to look at. Right now, I just tend to have a punt when there is some sport on TV that I fancy watching and don't bet on anything else unless something specifically catches my eye. I have plenty of spare time to review markets, study form, team news etc.. but don't really know where to start, or what to focus on. If there are any pro's out there who would be willing to give me a few pointers, or take me under their wing, I'd be really interested in talking with you. In return, I'd be happy to give some decent basic poker advice to anyone wanting to learn the game from a blank page. Cheers for reading Reg

Re: Serious Sports Betting I am far from a pro, but bet on a sport you have good knowledge for is always a good start, also have a read through the systems and strategy guides that other people do on the forum to get ideas. Start small, be patient, and then continue :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.