the mole signs for Betfair

Samba_SamPa

Re: the mole signs for Betfair

He changed his username on Virgin but I'm guessing he won't be playing there at all now.
Aye he does - he cannot play any other site because he's a one trick pony. This is just £20k for one year that he won in the APAT pro league, so he's doing the Irish Open and WSOPE which will use most of it and tbh he has to bink something as he is close to busto now. I like how he tried (but failed) to mention he had two friends ;)

Re: the mole signs for Betfair userpic-119-100x100.png?75 Interview: Steph Boyd steph-boyd-poker.jpg Having won the APAT professional title in 2010, popular circuit player Steph Boyd will be representing Betfair in a number of live tournaments in 2011. You can follow his progress on the >Betfair Poker websites where he will give a behind-the-scenes view of life on the road as well as interviewing some of the world's best poker players. We caught up with Steph prior to his first tournament and spoke about his poker epiphany, advice to new players and his beloved Glasgow Rangers. How did you first get started playing poker? I played a bit of online chess, one day I was bored and had a look around the game site and found they had poker so I had a dabble for fun money, I did well and really enjoyed the game. My brother came around one night for a chat and we were playing around on the computer, he suggested that I deposit into a poker site and give it a go. I deposited £50 with the understanding that if I lose then that was that. I played 12/25 cents, the site I was on only had limit games but I did really well. I started to build a bankroll over the next month and then they introduced no limit games. I decided to give them a bash and found they were mental but if I played solidly I could win a lot of money at that game. I then started to try moving up the levels always buying in at the minimum ( to reduce losses and learn). I moved up quickly ignoring all the rules of bankroll management, I just did what felt right to me, after three months I was playing $1/2 and settled there for a while earning a nice amount of money for a sideline. I then decided to give $2/4 a go (min buy in ) and did very well getting my roll to over $5k. At the start of 2006 I started to keep records of every day I played. At the end of January I was up to $7k and decided to give $5/10 a go. The first four days were a nightmare and I lost about 4k. I moved back down to $1/2 and started winning consistently, I won every day in June and got my bankroll up to 13k so I felt it was time for another bash at $5/10 again the first 4 days were terrible and I lost 5k but this time I decided to stick with it and before long I was winning consistently. My next step was playing $10/20 and $25/50 I found the $25/50 game was very different as it is more about power plays. In those early years I was absolutely fearless and the biggest game I have played is 300/600 nlhe. Some readers may be just be getting into playing poker. What do you think your biggest mistakes were when you first started playing? I believe making mistakes is not always a bad thing so long as you learn from them they should make you a better player. I sometimes chased my losses which is never a good idea, you are better to take the hit and live to fight another day. Don't get greedy win a little each day and build your roll steadily. The key word I have learned through playing poker is "adaptable". Be adaptable at the table try and get a read on how your opponents are playing and their state of mind, it then makes it easier to manipulate their style of play.(if they are loose aggressive then you play tight and pick them off, if they are tight then you play aggressive). Poker is a complex game always keep your mind open to learning and you won't go far wrong. You took down two APAT events last year to secure this sponsorship. What was the experience of winning and do you get on well with the APAT community? It was really good to play the APAT pro league as my two mates - James Eccles and Brian Martin - always played the APAT tour. However, as it was for amateur players I could not go with them, They both had great success with each of them winning player of the year. When they introduced the pro league I was delighted as I could now also go and play. The fields in these tourneys were relatively small but had really good players in them. The game was plhe which I had never really played, I found them more skilful as no one can just ship it in over the top of you. I was delighted to win the first one in Swansea especially beating James Eccles heads-up was very satisfying. I missed the one in Aberdeen as I was at the Green Day gig at Wembley so this put me behind but when I won the one in Luton it more or less sealed the league. The APAT community are a fantastic bunch of players, there is a lot of fun in these games and a lot of talent. I found the organisation was exceptional - Thanks APAT What does your family think of your unusual career choice? My family are and always have been 100% behind me, it is, of course, an unusual job and from time to time can be very stressful ( what job isn't). When I turned pro it was really a no brainer as I won more in one night than I earned in a year. The downside is as I work from home I tend to get under my wife's feet which can be very frustrating for her. Any advice for young players who want to try and make a living out of poker. I find the important things setting out are you must be very astute. Get your finances sorted out first, pay off all debts and build up a proper bankroll before considering playing for a living. No matter what stakes you are playing at you must consistently have a winning game. Never put yourself in a position where you have to win because with that sort of extra pressure you probably won't. Always keep a record of profits and losses - the facts don't lie. Withdraw a wage every week and stick to it whether you win or lose. Get as much experience as you can, we all have to start somewhere so keep the stakes low and learn your apprenticeship - reading Marcus Bateman's strategy articles will help. Regarding your style of play, do you keep the math pretty tight or are you more intuitive? You are pretty talkative at the table. Have you always been like this or have you developed it over the years. I am definitely a player who plays on instinct although maths is a part of my decision making. There is a lot to be said for gut feelings as they are usually correct. As for the talkative part you clearly haven't met me!! I am a very outgoing person who loves to meet new people and poker is a great way to do this. I also think poker should be fun so it's good to have a laugh at the tables. I know you have been to Las Vegas in the past. Did you play any WSOP events or were you just there playing cash? Tell us about some of your experiences. The first time I went to Vegas was in 2007 and I played the main event that year, I made day 2 and it was a fantastic experience. Amazingly the winner was Peter Eastgate whom I played with nearly every day online, this gave me a boost as I regularly did well against him. My very first night in Vegas I went to Caesars palace for a cash game ( this was the first poker room in Vegas I had ever been too) the poker room was cool but I was a bit disappointed to find the biggest game running was $5/10 so I plonked myself down with $1k and had a game , I played for about 2 hours and run my 1k up to over 10k, I found the game very soft, when I played online it was with Scandinavian players who are very good and aggressive. This game was full of Americans who seemed to play very ABC which suited me. The guy to my right was a Will Smith lookalike and I had good banter with him, he was terrible though, one hand I remember was I had AQ he raised and I 3 bet, he slams the table and says how can you raise my black ass, the flop comes 9tj he checks, I bet, he calls the turn is a K, he checks I check, the river is an A he bets, I ship it in, he rants and announces "I'm gonna call your skinny white ass" and does with a pair of 7's, it took all my resolve not to fall to the floor laughing. He reloads telling me he is going to take me shopping for some cool clothes when he busts my ass, alas I did not get any new cool clothes - it was great entertainment though. I paid someone $50 to stack my chips while I went to the bathroom as I am terrible stacking them being an online player, I came back to a masterpiece chip display. First hand back I end up all in destroying my pyramid, anyway I win the hand and sitting on my shoulder is my chip stacker with a big smile on her face, it wasn't until after I finished I realised she didn't even work there. If you could snap your fingers and make some changes to the world of poker, what would they be? Let the Italians back online and ban poker trackers. Finally, you are a big Rangers fan. They are currently trading at 11/8 to win the League on Betfair. Is this a fair price? Will any of your money be going on them or is it a safe lay? I think 11/8 is a great price after beating Celtic and winning the cup recently the team will be full of confidence, it will be close though as both teams are capable of dropping points. I am not a big sports bettor but I think there is certainly a bit of value there so I will be having a dabble.

Re: the mole signs for Betfair You cant change it but you can do what I did when I was chat banned and close your account and reopen another. Boss and there stupid rules. Chat ban you for talking about rakeback but let people on the same table abuse you and make racist comments and they still have their chat to this day. Just to be clear it wasn't Virgin it was Boss that banned me. Joe Legge who was at Virgin at the time did all he could but Boss just said no.