Bad play or bad luck?

Sm0k3rZ

playing on a 1/2$ home cash game between 5 people. I was down 200$ over 2-3hrs of play. I got Ks10h on the dealer button. running bad i just called n small blind follows n big blind checks. Flop comes 9sJsQs. small blind checks, big blind raises 6$. I re-raise having the str8 to 15$. small blind folds..big blind re-raises all in(which is around 40$ more cuz that is wat i have). After thinking i call it n he shows a flush wid 2s8s. nothing comes for me n he takes the pot. Now there is no no way i can fold the hand right? Having nut str8 n king of spade to cover me if another spade shows up. Just wanted to know wat ppl thought of it cuz a few said its just a tilt call cuz i was running bad for a few hours. Any thoughts? When i say running bad i mean really running bad. (KK running into AA. Set going down to flush) that bad.

Re: Bad play or bad luck? With every other players folded before you and at the button, you don't call but raise to 6$-8$ if you decide to deal. This mistake is due to you being shy because of your losing record that day (Mistake 1). Raising should have make BB fold and you would be +3 instead of -50 When he goes all in the deal is bet 25$ and win : 6+2x15+25=61$ Pot odd is 61/40 ( 1.525/1). How many outs are improving your hand (of course you don't know he has 2 spades) 9 spades remaining. On the turn and the river you have 18 outs. So your hand odd is 47/18. Here is how you use it: You will win 18 times 61$= 1098$ and loose 47 times 25$=1175$. On the long term it is -77$/(18+47)=-1.22$ each time you follow with these terms. So it was Mistake 2 But for me your main sin was not to raise pre flop. I don't know if I was clear on the odd. If not let me know, I'll try harder.

Re: Bad play or bad luck? Agreed...on the button either a raise to take it down or a fold. A flat call is only going to give you problems. {However home games can be notoriously difficult to play as the wealth of information from previous games can be overwhelming. I'll often call even when I know the odds are against me as I would much rather pay the winning hand than have his 27 bluff shoved down my throat for the next week. Mind you we play for pennies not pounds and the aim is solely to have fun!}