Cricket: County Championship 2011

kevshat

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Good luck with those mate. First involvement for me since the first round of matches. - 6pts Yorkshire DNB (vs Hampshire) @ 8/11 [boylesports] Yorkshire come into this match with one win from their four matches thus far. Likewise Hampshire have zero wins from their four matches and have seen a stuttering start to their domestic campaign. Yorkshire will be welcomed by the fact that they will have a very strong bowling attack for this match though with the newly available Tim Bresnan. That will more than likely mean that Yorkshire will line up with Bresnan, Shahzad, Sidebottom and Adil Rashid against Hampshire tomorrow which is an attack with a nice amount of international pedigree. Their batting has blown abit hot and cold lately. A classy double hundred from Bairstow enabled them to post a score of 500+ last time out yet the match before they collapsed to 86 in the 2nd innings. A few players are experiencing some form from the CB40 though so I fancy them to continue that and cause Hampshire more problems with the ball. Both of these sides have played out two draws in their four games so I'm pleased to have the draw on my side in this game.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 One for me on Wednesday's matches. 5pts Northants to beat Gloucestershire 10/11 Stan James This should be a good match between two sides who have started the season quite well. Northants sit 2nd and Gloucester 3rd and both have the chance to go top with a win here so it should be competitive. Gloucestershire come into the match with a couple of key injuries to Hamish Marshall and Chris Dent while Jon Lewis and Chris Taylor are nursing injuries. That leaves Gloucestershire with a very young looking squad. Northants have no such problems. They are unbeaten this season and have plenty of experienced players on top form. They walloped Kent last week and I think they can win this one too.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 This week is already going well with Joyce having beaten Wagh in the first innings while Northants and Glamorgan look in excellent winning positions if the weather gods allow them to complete wins. I'll go with one more in the TV game. 2pts Nottinghamshire to beat Sussex 11/4 Ladbrokes (Draw included) Nottinghamshire go into day three of this County Championship match trailing by 24 runs with 8 second innings wickets left albeit that could be just 7 as I'm not sure whether Neil Edwards will bat again having retired hurt after being hit in the wrist. Either way if Notts can get level with Patel and Swann still at the crease they have the batting in Voges, Read, Mullaney and even Broad to come to set Sussex a stiff total on the final day. This wicket won't get any easier to bat on from here in and we've already seen Nottinghamshire win a match from a worse position than this earlier in the season. As long as Chris Read bowls his bowlers from the right ends on this Hove ground then I think he has the batting to set up a tricky run chase and a bowling attack to ensure Sussex don't reach their target. I'll have a small bet on Nottinghamshire to win from here. There's no weather expected to be around so I'm confident there will be a result so I'll go with the odds which include the draw.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Much better week this week with Nottinghamshire the only loser and Durham the only push. Northants, Glamorgan and Joyce all won so it was a +10.43pt week overall which almost halves the defecit for the season. Back to -14.67pts overall now.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011

PUSH - 6pts Yorkshire DNB (vs Hampshire) @ 8/11 [boylesports]
Close with this but Yorkshire couldn't force a win. I was getting a little excited when they had Hampshire at 7/4 but Kabir Ali and Dany Briggs somehow lasted 14 overs to force the draw. Well done Kev, some nice returns for you :ok

Wednesday 18 May 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLancashire v Yorkshire (11:00 BST)1.722.5297.58 %
maximize.gifNottinghamshire v Warwickshire (11:00 BST)1.722.3101.37 %
maximize.gifSussex v Somerset (11:00 BST)2.21.83100.00 %
maximize.gifWorcestershire v Durham (11:00 BST)31.5199.56 %
Wednesday 18 May 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Leicestershire v Gloucestershire (11:00 BST) 2.2 1.91 97.81 %
maximize.gif Surrey v Essex (11:00 BST) 1.8 2.2 101.01 %
Thursday 19 May 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Middlesex v Glamorgan (11:00 BST) 1.57 2.75 100.00 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Going to put an early one up as Sportingbet are a standout price. 5pts Surrey to beat Essex 4/5 Sportingbet It's fair to say these two sides have under achieved this season but Surrey will fancy their chances here. Surrey's only win this season has come against Leicestershire last time out but they dominated a draw against Glamorgan too while Essex's only win has come against Glamorgan via a run chase of 360 in the final innings and those sort of run chases don't come along too often so Essex could easily be heading to Whitgift School winless. Surrey will have Kevin Pietersen in their midst this week along with his England teammate Chris Tremlett. They will be without Jade Dernbach who is playing for the England Lions but I'd like to think Stuart Meaker has earned himself a spot if for no other reason than to keep my 40/1 outright on him alive :lol. A top six of Rory Hamilton-Brown, Steven Davies, Mark Ramprakash, Zander de Bruyn, Kevin Pietersen and Tom Maynard looks quite daunting for any opposition. Essex have struggled massively with the bat this season and so the absence of Ravi Bopara to the England Lions isn't helpful. Alastair Cook will really need to lead an Essex batting line up which is devoid of Ryan ten Doeschate and Owais Shah who are on IPL duty. Paul Grayson's patience with overseas signing Lonwabo Tsotsobe has run out so Graham Napier will join Chris Wright and the division's leading wicket taker David Masters in Essex's seam attack. Normally I'm always looking to oppose Surrey but I can't oppose them here. They have a strong batting line up and are at full strength with the ball too. Ravi Bopara is a big loss for this side with bat and in a way with the ball too and it will almost need two players to replace him. With IPL absentees too Essex look weak enough for Surrey to exploit in this one.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Going in with two in Division 1 for this round of matches. - 5pts Lancashire (vs. Yorkshire) @ 8/11 [sportingbet] Fancy Lancashire to win this one this week. They've been pretty impressive so far this season having gone four matches unbeaten, including three wins and welcome back James Anderson in their side this week at Liverpool. Yorkshire have been unconvincing so far and they have some key absentees to their side. Bresnan tore a calf muscle and will be out for some time, whilst Shahzad and Johnny Bairstow are away with the England Lions. On top of Anderson returning, Farveez Maharoof is back with the home side here and I really do fancy them to continue their strong presence in this division with the bulk of their side playing well. I don't know how a stuttering Yorkshire will fare without some key members of their squad. I'll play that Lancs do a job on them here. - 3pts Sussex DNB (vs. Somerset) @ EVS [Coral] Some may say I am mad going against a good Somerset side but I can't help look through this Sussex side and think that they're more than adept of running them close. One look at their record this season and you'll disagree but they efficiently despatched Notts last time out with all of their bowlers stepping up with the ball; Monty Panesar in particular. Theres enough quality in Ed Joyce, Chris Nash, Murray Goodwin, Luke Wells, Michael Yardy and Matt Prior to cause most bowling attacks problems too. Luke Wright will be missing this one out but so too will be Somerset's James Hildreth. They ominously hit 610 in their last match at Durham however after enforcing the follow-on, the Somerset bowling attack wilted and could only take 6 wickets in 151 overs of play. Somerset are a strong side but I think Sussex have what it takes to give them a game. Have some draw cover on my side too incase of another mammoth innings.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Glad I got on Surrey when I did. 4 more for Wednesday's matches. 6pts Lancashire to beat Yorkshire 8/11 Blue Square Lancashire are going great guns in the Championship this season and are the only unbeaten side left in division one. They would've been 100% but for the last wicket partnership from Sussex when they played at Hove. In contrast Yorkshire have only won once this season although White Rose fanatics will claim they should've beaten Nottinghamshire and Hampshire. Shoulda woulda coulda - didn't. Lancashire have Jimmy Anderson available for this match which will be a boost to a small squad which is thriving at the minute. Farveez Maharoof has returned from his little spell with Sri Lanka to come into a full strength Lancashire side. Yorkshire don't have that luxury though. They'll be without some big players. Jonny Bairstow and Ajmal Shahzad are away with the England Lions while Anthony McGrath, Tim Bresnan and Richard Pyrah are all out with injury while Gerard Brophy is no certainty to play either. Yorkshire's absent list is big and on a tight and fairly small squad I'm not so sure they've got the depth in their back up to not only replace them but also to compete with a rampant Lancashire. Lancashire are flying, have no major selection issues and I think they are a strong bet to win this one. 4pts Warwickshire to beat Nottinghamshire 13/10 Blue Square The game of the week comes from Trent Bridge as Nottinghamshire in first place host Warwickshire in third place. Nottinghamshire have ridden their luck to make it to the top but top they are. Warwickshire have diced with the pitch people and came out on the wrong end and would be even closer to Notts had they not been deducted 8pts for the minefield they delivered last week. Nottinghamshire have pros and cons with selection this week. Stuart Broad and Graeme Swann are both available before next week's first test but Samit Patel is with the England Lions and Neil Edwards smashed his wrist in at Hove last week. That heavily weakens an already weak Nottinghamshire batting line up. Charlie Shreck comes in with the ball in Luke Fletcher's place. Warwickshire have Ian Bell captaining them after skipper Jim Troughton pulled up lame with a shoulder injury. Jon Trott is also available for the Bears here but they will be without Chris Woakes who would've been with the England Lions but for an injury. Boyd Rankin and William Porterfield play before heading off on Irish duty. Mohammad Yousuf showed all his class last week and Bears fans will want more here. The make up of these sides are interesting. Warwickshire are weaker with the ball than the bat but Nottinghamshire are much weaker with the bat than the ball so whoever delivers their strength the best will win this one. When Rikki Clarke could genuinely be coming in at 8 in this match under the likes of Chopra, Porterfield, Bell, Trott, Maddy, Yousuf and Ambrose and that's not just a strength that's a wall of batting. I don't see Notts having the batting resistance to repel even a weak Warks attack and I think the Bears are good things here. 3pts Sussex to beat Somerset 6/5 Stan James Sussex come into this match off the back of an excellent win over champions Nottinghamshire last week while Somerset couldn't quite get the job done against Durham. Both sides sit in the top 5 in the table and could launch a championship charge with a win in this one. Sussex have Matt Prior available which is a boost to them. Ed Joyce and Chris Nash are in exceptional form with the bat while Murray Goodwin and Michael Yardy are very good at this level. Luke Wright sits out with a niggle but the likes of Ollie Rayner, Rana Naved and Naved Arif offer good all round support to the likes of Amjad Khan and Monty Panesar. Somerset have a young look about them in this one. James Hildreth is on England Lions duty and Craig Kieswetter is injured so there will be a couple of youngsters in their batting line up. Alfonso Thomas and Murali Kartik are on IPL duty and Ajantha Mendis has gone off on Sri Lanka duty so the likes of Max Waller will get a rare four day chance for Somerset who are chasing the leaders hard. I think Sussex on home soil are worth chancing here. They will be buoyant after beating Notts last week and if they can keep Trescothick quiet they will have much of the battle won. The lack of an experienced high class spinner won't help Somerset as that is what their attack is based around and at the prices Sussex look worth a go. 3pts Leicestershire to beat Gloucestershire 11/10 Skybet Bottom placed Leicestershire take on fourth placed Gloucestershire at Grace Road this week. Leicestershire have been a bit unlucky with injuries so far this season but the tide might be about to turn whereas Gloucestershire's injuries could just be about to strangle them a bit. I expect Leicestershire to finish above Gloucestershire still when all is said and done. Andrew McDonald has been released early by the Delhi Daredevils and although he's only landing in Leicester on the eve of this match he's expected to be thrown straight in. He's a quality all round cricketer. Leicestershire's batting has been strengthened by Kadeer Ali too which is a boost as James Taylor is away with England Lions this week. The lack of rain around is perfect for Claude Henderson who has begun the season very well. Gloucestershire were wiped out by Northants last week. There's no harm in that but other than Will Gidman their batsmen failed miserably in the match and there's still no Hamish Marshall to boost that batting line up. Chris Taylor is still nursing injuries and is Jon Lewis. Lewis has to play to lead a very young bowling attack in his absence. Credit to Gloucestershire they've begun the season very well but they are nothing special as a side and as players continue to return for Leicestershire I expect them to pick up and improve their results. This is a match where I feel home advantage could be crucial and given Leicestershire have it and are odds against I'll take them in a match where there isn't a lot between the two sides except for Leicestershire's much stronger bowling attack.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Looking good for us with Lancashire, Tyler. Unfortunately Sussex look to have blown a golden chance with that mid innings collapse of theirs :sad. I've also got Warks not far off victory so it should be a profitable couple of days for this thread :hope:hope.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Sussex annoyed me a little, I was a little excited when they strangled Somerset to 213 after being something like 115/1. Lancashire look good though, they shouldn't lose from here. Don't think you'll be sending Graham Napier a Christmas Card this year though :loon :loon Ridiculous innings.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Yeah I swear he reads PL. I was against Essex the night he smashed Sussex half way around England too :sad. Surrey should have enough in their batting to earn the draw though so will be no damage done :hope.

WIN - 5pts Lancashire (vs. Yorkshire) @ 8/11 [sportingbet] WIN - 3pts Sussex DNB (vs. Somerset) @ EVS [Coral]
Somehow Lancs managed to pull off a win today after bowling out Yorkshire and chasing 121 in 14 overs. Sussex eased to victory too meaning a nice profit of +6.60 from this round of fixtures. Some nice wins for you Kev and draws elsewhere so not a bad week in here at all.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Excellent week for the thread. +13.18pts for me personally which almost wipes out the deficit from the start of the season. Just -1.49pts overall now. Great work this week Tyler :ok.

Tuesday 24 May 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Hampshire v Lancashire (11:00 BST) 2.5 1.61 101.90 %
maximize.gif Somerset v Yorkshire (11:00 BST) 1.57 2.5 103.64 %
maximize.gif Warwickshire v Durham (11:00 BST) 2.37 1.66 102.11 %
Tuesday 24 May 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Essex v Middlesex (11:00 BST) 2 2 100.00 %
maximize.gif Kent v Derbyshire (11:00 BST) 1.9 2.1 100.25 %
maximize.gif Northamptonshire v Leicestershire (11:00 BST) 1.57 2.75 100.00 %
maximize.gif Surrey v Glamorgan (11:00 BST) 1.72 2.3 101.37 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Two for me this week. Am going to Surrey vs Glamorgan tomorrow so was hoping for a bet there but with no Harris for Glamorgan and a couple of absentees for Surrey I'll leave it and hopefully cheer on more de Bruyn runs. Sadly Meaker's strained a hamstring :(. 5pts Durham to beat Warwickshire 4/6 Blue Square These two come into this match level on points in second and third place so this should be a good match. I guess all eyes will be on the wicket with this being the first four day match played at Edgbaston since Warwickshire lost 8pts for a dodgy wicket. A deduction their appeal towards failed on Monday. Warwickshire have a pretty unique situation this week in that halfway through this match the Irish duo of Porterfield and Rankin will head off on Ireland duty and be replaced by 2 other players who will be able to bat and bowl unlike usual 12th men. The Bears will be without Ian Bell and Jon Trott who are with England while all the indication is that Chris Woakes still isn't fit to return. Durham don't have call up issues but they will be without Graham Onions who has been ordered to rest by the ECB. Steve Harmison comes in though and the likes of Ian Blackwell who was rested for the CB40 defeat here on Sunday also returns. Mark Stoneman isn't far from returning neither are Mark Davies and Liam Plunkett. I think it's fair to say we want a strong batting line up on this wicket in case it does play a little tricky and Durham bat a good way down when they will be having Borthwick, who has batted 3 for them in the past, batting at 8 here. Harmison isn't a mug with the bat either so they bat a good way down and they have a bowling attack more than good enough here. Warwickshire's mid match replacements are the worry for me. There's no Porterfield or Rankin who was unplayable here against Worcester backing up for Warks. Durham are the strongest side in the competition I believe and I think they'll win this as they chase top spot before the T20 break. 3pts Derbyshire to beat Kent 11/10 Blue Square Kent host Derbyshire this week hoping for a first win since the opening week of the season when they shocked Essex. Derbyshire overall haven't done a whole lot better and sit just above Kent in seventh but they can correctly claim only rain denied them a win over Essex last time out. Personnel problems is still a major issue for Kent. Joe Denly does return from his broken thumb which is a good thing for them but there's still no Simon Cook or Robbie Joseph in the bowling attack, an attack which does look very weak in their absence but in truth isn't as strong as most even with them in it. Derbyshire have no personnel issues. They are at full strength with Steffan Jones and Jonathan Clare fit to return to the side. Paul Borrington could come in to bolster the batting while Mark Footitt could come in for his first appearance with the ball and strengthen the seam attack although you would think at Canterbury spin would be the ideal method of bowling. Derbyshire sacked John Morris their coach in the middle of a match recently and while it's a weird thing to do, everything I've seen suggests it was something the players wanted. They were unlucky against Essex but as long as their batting holds up here and with the likes of Madsen, Durston, Khawaja and Smith against a poor Kent attack it should do, then Derbyshire have the bowling attack to go well here. The tiflex ball is proving bowling attacks are the key in division two. Derbyshire win the bowling battle hands down here so that should lead them to winning the match too.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Taking 2 on Sunday. No reasoning as I'm still at PL meet and not in best state to post reasoning plus am on my phone with battery about to die! Basically stronger bowling attacks are the reason for both bets. 4pts Derbyshire to beat Surrey 11/8 Stan James 4pts Essex to beat Gloucestershire 10/11 Stan James

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Annoyingly having got myself back from -33 at one stage to positive figures Derbyshire collapsed this morning and Essex couldn't get a 9th wicket so -4 this week which means I go into the T20 break -2.16 overall which is disappointing but it's a lot better than the -33 at one stage. Very confident I'll turn that right around in the 2nd half of the season. I'll go into the 2nd half of the season with a 7pt outright on Durham leading and with Masters 10 wickets clear in division two while I'm still well in the mix with Middlesex, de Bruyn, Meaker and Brooks and it wouldn't need too much improvement to get van Jaarsveld in the mix as well so there should be some good returns on the outrights and some good match prices as both divisions have an excellent chase for the title up and running. I'll unstick the thread for now and will re-stick when the CC resumes in 3 weeks time.

• 3 weeks later...

Saturday 18 June 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifDurham v Yorkshire (11:00 BST)1.493100.45 %
maximize.gifWorcestershire v Hampshire (11:00 BST)2.371.64103.08 %
Monday 20 June 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifNottinghamshire v Lancashire (11:00 BST)1.91.9104.76 %
maximize.gifWarwickshire v Somerset (11:00 BST)1.91.9104.76 %
Sunday 19 June 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLeicestershire v Northamptonshire (11:00 BST)2.51.57103.64 %
maximize.gifMiddlesex v Kent (11:00 BST)1.572.5103.64 %
maximize.gifSurrey v Gloucestershire (11:00 BST)1.612.37104.01 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 The Championship is back now with two division one matches starting on Saturday but both could be weather affected and the prices are pulling me in enough to take on the weather. Hopefully Durham pick up the win against Yorkshire in a match where you would have to say the scheduling is awful with Durham playing a 5.30 start T20 in Leicester the day before this and Yorkshire a Roses 5.40 start T20. There's definitely some mileage in the games starting later in the weekend so I'll keep my powder dry for now and hope the forecast clears up a bit :ok.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Time to get back into Championship action. 4pts Leicestershire to beat Northants 6/4 Bet365 Northants travel to Grace Road unbeaten in the County Championship this season whereas Leicestershire have only one win in the competition. It's bottom vs top here but a lot has gone on since both sides played their last match in this form of the game. Leicestershire are riding high in T20 while Northants have struggled big time so the confident levels of both sides are completely opposite to what they were 2 weeks ago. One thing that has come out of the T20 for Leicestershire as well as renewed confidence is the knowledge almost all of their batsmen are in good form having all had good knocks in the tournament. When their batting is going well that can only be a good thing because the likes of Hoggard, Buck and Henderson can trouble any batting line up. Andrew McDonald is the sole overseas player in this form of the game for the Foxes with Abdul Razzaq purely a T20 signing. Northants are the exact opposite of Leicestershire. Alex Wakely aside their batsmen have barely scored a run in twenty20 and although Niall O'Brien returned on Saturday night at Nottinghamshire, David Sales and Mal Loye remain sidelined. Chaminda Vaas is only described as 50/50 for this match as well as he has a groin niggle. Johan Botha is in the Abdul Razzaq mould of being here only for T20. It's all well and good thinking and saying that because Northants went well in the Championship earlier in the season that they can forget about the T20 and click back into gear but it doesn't work like that, especially with the batsmen for whom confidence and the feeling of ball hitting the middle of the bat is essential. Leicestershire's batsmen have that confidence and I think this 6/4 could turn out to look a huge price when the 4 days are done here.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 One more for tomorrow. 4pts Nottinghamshire to beat Lancashire 10/11 Stan James Defending champions Nottinghamshire come into this match in 6th place in the table and they host 2nd placed Lancashire. Nottinghamshire's problem early on in this competition was they couldn't bat but since then David Hussey has joined and I don't think that will be a problem now so with the ability they have with the ball I expect a stronger 2nd half of the season in defence of their title despite them being too far back to win it. As well as David Hussey returning in good nick with the bat Alex Hales is back from injury and that's a real boost as he's a class act. There's a chance he could be called up into the England one day squad and would miss the final day of this match but Notts matches don't tend to go 4 days. The same thing could happen to Samit Patel who has bounced back to form in the T20. Charlie Shreck, Paul Franks and Andre Adams have all been well rested and all come back here. Lancashire will be hoping that Glen Chapple is fit to play in this but it's by no means a certainty. Paul Horton will return to the side to open the innings while Farveez Maharoof is now back from Sri Lanka duty for the rest of the campaign. Sajid Mahmood missed most of the Championship matches earlier in the season but he's now fit too. We saw last season that Notts were the best side in the country and while I'm not sure they are there at the minute I think they will be a lot better than the side we saw before the T20 break. Mark Wagh has retired now so Alex Hales will bat 3 which I think is the perfect position for him with Riki Wessels opening. I think Notts are stronger with the bat and the ball so chuck in home advantage as well and I think the Outlaws are a good bet here.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 4pts Notts to beat Lancashire @10/11 with B365 Not much to add to what Kev has already said to be honest. Notts have Hales back and Hussey in the side which is huge here. Lancs missing players and over-performed a little in the first half of the CC imo. 6pts Notts to lead after 1st innings at 10/11 with B365 Have taken a bigger stake on the 1st innings market here due to the above factors, and one other. Lancs rely a lot on their slower bowlers - Keedy, Parry etc. 1st innings of a match there shouldn't be too much in it for them on the whole and I expect them to struggle against the Notts middle order this time out. Notts have more variety in their pace attack for my money, and should know their home conditions better. Apologies for the brief reasoning, but Kev really has said it all. Don't want to repeat things just for the sake of it.

Monday 27 June 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLancashire v Durham (11:00 BST)1.951.91
Wednesday 29 June 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifSussex v Warwickshire (11:00 BST)1.031.03194.17 %
Saturday 25 June 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifEssex v Northamptonshire (11:00 BST)2.371.67101.99 %
Monday 27 June 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifGlamorgan v Derbyshire (11:00 BST)1.612.38
maximize.gifMiddlesex v Gloucestershire (11:00 BST)1.732.30
Not all odds are out yet but I'll update this page when they are.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Rotten week for me last week with Leicestershire collapsing twice and Notts failing to press home a winning position so I'm -10.16 overall now. Looks a good week this week with a potential title decider in division one and two matches which could go a long way to deciding promotion in division two. I'm going to leave Saturday's match alone as the odds look about right but for the sake of my Middlesex outright I'll hope Essex can do the business for me with a stack load of Masters wickets :hope :beer.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Essex do look like doing the business and Masters has taken a few wickets. I'm getting involved in two of tomorrow's matches. Hopefully my outrights go well this week. 5pts Durham to beat Lancashire 10/11 Blue Square As I've said all season along I believe Durham are the best county in the competition and although Stokes is injured Collingwood makes up for it. Plunkett and Claydon have been added to last week's side for the 13 man squad so there's Onions, Claydon, Thorp, Harmison and Plunkett to go with in the seam department. Lancashire are missing Chapple so Chilton will continue to open but I still think they are a batsman light especially against a top attack like Durham's. I think Durham are stronger with the bat and their attack will love this Liverpool wicket and at 10/11 the side that I believe will go on to win the title are too big here and well worth a solid investment. 6pts Middlesex to beat Gloucestershire 8/11 Blue Square Surely these odds can only be because of the result of the T20 match between these two sides? Middlesex rested players in that match who are key personnel in the form of Murtagh, Dexter and Collymore while Andrew Strauss will come into open here too. Gloucestershire are without Alex Gidman who for me is their best 4 day batsman as well as their captain so Kane Williamson will skipper the side. Gloucestershire wiped out Middlesex in the T20 but the hosts want this one a lot more and they'll be back to their strongest fit side bar Steve Finn who is with England. I think Middlesex have the better side here and they are another solid bet this week.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 Fairly decent day for my bets there especially with the firther implications both could have down the line. Durham skittled Lancashire for 84 before taking a lead of 102 so they are in a good position and Middlesex haven't let Gloucestershire get too far away although that's more evenly poised. Rogers' appearance is a boost for sure. :hope both can push on tomorrow.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2011 It's going to be a nervous few hours for those of us who have backed Durham either this week or outright tomorrow. They should win but it's a touch more 50/50 than I'd have liked. One for tomorrow. 4pts Sussex to beat Warwickshire 4/5 Stan James Sussex come into this match in 6th position but they've only actually lost one four day match all season whereas Warwickshire, who are third, have lost three albeit all to the top two sides in the division who look a class above anything else in the league. I have to say I do feel Warwickshire are in a false position in the table and hopefully that can show this week. Sussex have Matt Prior back this week assuming he passes a fitness test which he is expected to do. Ed Joyce is another who returns this week and he skippers the side in Michael Yardy's absence. Murray Goodwin does the job in the limited overs stuff only. Luke Wells has been passed fit to play too. With Wayne Parnell injured Rana Naved continues the overseas duties. Luke Wright and Monty Panesar provide international quality back up for him. Warwickshire come into this match without an overseas player and I still have doubts about their batting. They've won 5 matches but in those matches you had Chopra going off his tits early doors and he's levelled out a bit recently, Mohammad Yousuf scored good runs in a couple and he's not been retained and Ian Bell pretty much batted against Nottinghamshire on his own and of course he's not here. Chris Woakes is away with England as well while Neil Carter is only playing one day cricket. Warwickshire look set to have a long tail here with Keith Barker batting as high as number 7 and I think they are a quality bowler short as well. Sussex bat pretty deep with Rana Naved possibly coming in at number 9 depending if Rayner plays or not while they have plenty of bowling options. Sussex would be a lot higher if they weren't denied a couple of wins by last ditch match saving partnerships but I expect them to take 20 wickets a lot easier this week and with that they can take the match too.

• 2 weeks later...

Monday 11 July 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifNottinghamshire v Somerset (11:00 BST)1.832104.55 %
maximize.gifSussex v Hampshire (11:00 BST)1.662.3103.48 %
maximize.gifYorkshire v Worcestershire (11:00 BST)1.722.2103.35 %
Sunday 10 July 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLeicestershire v Essex (11:00 BST)2.51.61101.90 %
maximize.gifSurrey v Kent (11:00 BST)1.662.4101.67 %
Monday 11 July 2011HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifDerbyshire v Glamorgan (11:00 BST)2.11.72105.51 %