Flat Racing - Thursday 31st March

It looks as though i will only be getting involved in the one race tomorrow as my fancy's in the 8.15 at Wolverhampton are ridiculously short! I think Leicester's 3.20 is fascinting but i have decided not to get involved as all runners have very good chances in my book. Thursday: 17.20 Leicester Space Station was on the shortlist for this but, looking at the price, i have to go with my other fancies which provide more value. Standpoint's only win came back in 2009 and although that doesn't sound too good i still think this gelding has a good chance here. His first run back off a break was over 9 furlongs and that was a bit too far for him and the way he ran when stepped back down to 7 furlongs last time out suggested he is in good form. He is used to races of this quality and has previously ran well in class 3 races so the opposition isn't a worry if he is on form. He has gradually come down the weights after a career high 81 last summer and i think he is ready to produce the goods here today. A good price too. Mr Macattack is another who, when looking at previous wins, wouldn't be most peoples choice. All his win have come on the AW but those were at today's distance and one was off a higher mark. He has been as high as 86 when coming up against better opposition so now he is back to 75 i believe he is ready to put in a solid performance on turf. The jockey knows his mount inside out so that is a positive. Both of these are not backed with huge confidence but i believe both will run good races here at slightly bigger odds than i expected. 1.5pts Standpoint to win - 7/1 with William Hill 1.5pts Mr. Macattack to win - 10/1 with Bet365 EDIT: TIME WRONG

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 31st March 5.20 Leicester Standpoint 7/1 William Hill This horse doesn't win very often but is ultra consistent. Standpoint has never won off a mark this high but has gone very close. Most notably for me was the horses run at Ascot in July last year in a class 3 event. He travelled like the likely winner of the race only to be outstayed by the winner in the final furlong. That day he ran off a mark of 81 so he should definitely be competitive off a mark of 77 here. Drop back to 7f today is ideal and is the horses optimum trip. The horse has only ever finished over 6.5 lengths behind the winner once in his career of 20 starts which came on his return to action this year over an inadequate 9f. The horse comes here having had a couple of runs on the all weather so race fitness is on his side. He loves the fast ground and Gibbons does well for this stable. Recent run at Wolverhampton showed that the horse is in form so I give him a good chance here. Nimue is a massive danger but at 7/1 I think Standpoint is worth betting to take this race. Can't see him being this big come race time tomorrow.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.