Flat Racing - Wednesday 30th March

Wednesday: 19.00 Wolverhampton I think the price on School For Scandal here represents excellent value. This runner represents a yard who have been banging in the winners consistently since the turn of the year and, in Greg Fairly, has a jockey onboard who knows the horse well. All 8 of his career starts have been on the AW and he has performed consistently since his debut in November last year. Over course and distance he has a record of 1 win and 2 second places so that is a promising fact. After winning 2 starts ago he was dropped back to 8 furlongs at Lingfield and was never going quick enough to trouble the leader, therefore the step back up to 9.5 furlongs here should be just what he needs. In races with fields this small i think being able to make all or race up with the leader is key and in that area both jockey and horse are suited. He has won in a 4 runner races before and done well in other 5 and 6 runner races. When looking at these runners i expected around 5/2 for this selection so to find him priced up a full point bigger is a nice surprise. The hat-trick seekers both have obvious strong claims but my selection has plenty going for him and, at a good price, i think a small to medium stake on him to win is warranted. 2/5pts School For Scandal to win - 7/2 with Bet365

Re: Flat Racing - Wednesday 30th March Finally, i can test myself on the turf! :nana Wednesday: 15.20 Catterick This is a pretty competitive race and quite enjoyable to study to be honest. In the end i have opted to have 2 selections. Royal Swain is the one i fancy the strongest. Compared to alot of his rivals, this 5 year old is quite lightly raced and i think he has plenty of improvement in him. Alan Swinbank's gelding is a course and distance winner and as for the ground, i don't think it matters a great deal as he has ran well on soft, good and good to firm. When coming back from breaks of 3 months or longer he has recorded 2 wins and a second placed finish from 3 starts so that fact is a massive positive considering we haven't seen him out since November of 2010. He never performed too well on either of his last 2 starts but i think there are valid excuses for both those showings. One was over 3 furlongs further than today and the other was on his only AW start. When he won over course and distance it was off a mark of 3lbs lower than todays but i don't think that is too steep because of the potential improvement i see in him. The class of opposition isn't a problem whilst the jockey knows the horse well. I would have had him around 4/1 so there is a bit of value to be had here. The Oil Magnate is my other choice. This is another who has won over 12 furlongs in the past and the ground shouldn't be a problem either. He has won off a higher mark against similar opposition whilst his 2 AW races this year has ensured he is race fit for this outing. I don't think those AW races were too important so i am happy to discount them. 7/1 is a bit bigger than i would have had him so i am happy to take it. The current favourite is one i had on the shortlist but the price is at least a point too short whilst Chookie Hamilton is another who was ruled out a bit more reluctantly. However, i am happy to go into this confident that both of these will be there or there abouts. 2.5pts Royal Swain to win - 9/2 with William Hill 1pt The Oil Magnate to win - 7/1 wit William Hill

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.