Gentleman Jim | Reviews ×

Jump Racing 26th March

14:15 Newbury Top weight Kerada gets my vote in this handicap listed chase. Nicky Henderson's mare won 3 from 6 over hurdles in 2009-2010 and was finally sent chasing this year and appears to be even better in this sphere having notched up three wins from three runs over the jumps. All three of these races were novice events in small fields (all four runners) and she has yet to be troubled really with winning margins of 6l, 12l and 21l. One of those races did in fact come at this course over a slightly shorter distance than today's trip. This is another positive for me as it shows she handles the track and could give her the edge over some of her rivals today as she knows how to win here. Does make her chase handicap debut today and a mark of 139 is very fair I'd say and despite the fact she is conceeding weight all round, I believe she is more than up to winning this race today, especially due to the fact that she is likely to still be progressing over the jumps. Trainer has been in good form of late and had 2 winners from 4 here at the track yesterday. I'd rate Asturienne as the main danger but she may have liked a bit more cut in the ground and has already been beaten by Kerada although there is a reversal in the weights of a stone. 2pt win Kerada @ 5/2 (Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: Jump Racing 26th March Newbury 2.15 Cool Friend 1pt EW - 8/1 Boosted some very good form in 2009 and 2010. Twice beaten by Carole's Legacy. Then by Tara Royal and Awssome George. Finally won her chase in October when beating Adams Island by 12L. The latter has won twice since and was 2nd to Arkle winner Captain Chris last month. Awesome George and Tara Royal haven't done too bad either since they met Cool Friend. Two close defeats to Carole's Legacy also read well. Last time at Exeter was a bit disapointing, but she made a bad blunder early in the race and was never going after that. She might have also needed it after 4 months off the track. Today's race was probably the big seasonal target and I think she'll return to form and outrun his price here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.