Jumps Racing ~ March 25th Friday

Newbury 2.40 Calusa Caldera 0.75pt EW - 11/1 SJ A decent horse, who returned after a lengthy absence to finish 2nd behind Shakalakaboomboom in November with today's rider on board. Didn't run his race 3 weeks ago when making a bad mistake mid race and was never at the races after that. Tom O'Brien takes over again and cheek-pieces are applied today. Race is a competitive affair, but all of the market principals are not particularly well handicapped and if Calusa Caldera is sparkled by the first time headgear, I think he can win today. Well handicapped if he shows his best foot, just needs more confidence and I rely on jockey and headgear to give him a chance today.

Re: Jumps Racing ~ March 25th Friday Newbury 3.15 Master Eddy 1pt EW - 11/1 Coral Record at Newbury over hurdles reads 1,1,1. Won this race last year off 5lbs lower. Been running well over fences this season. 2nd chasing a Malcolm Jefferson horse on penultimate start, both well clear of the rest. Then fell at Exeter when still going well. Switches back to hurdles today and I expect him to give a good account of himself. Probably prefers softer ground, but has form on good too and I think the price is wrong.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.