Making Football Ratings

Hi, I'm looking into making my own football ratings and am looking for any advice possible. I would like to include home/away form, league positon, head to head, last six matches, but i'm struggling as where to start. I have a good selection of websites to use for info, but i am wondering about what format to put the information onto. If anyone has and guidelines or any advice for me then it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Making Football Ratings Like most things in life, keep it simple. You've got to weigh up the time and effort you're investing up front. If you make it overly complex it may take considerable time to update review and assess selections. Pick one thing first then build it up.

Re: Making Football Ratings Yes excel should certainly be your friend. From what you post you are probably already well aware of football-data.co.uk and I like the ratings at statto.com too. I've produced my own ratings for English football which weigh more recent results and have uncanny resemblance to those provided by the latter. I find it great fun but of course the issue is in finding some way of profiting from them....