Flat Racing - Saturday 12th March

Saturday: 16.25 Wolverhampton This is a very competitive race and when i first studied it i was keen on the chances of Anne Of Kiev along with Flipando. The former looks as though she will be a non runner so i am just going to go with the old boy and hope he does the business. Flipando is a course and distance winner and his last win was off a mark 4lb higher than today. He won twice last year over todays distance. He is used to racing against opposition of this class, and beating them, whilst this experienced campaigner has finished in the top 3 6 times in 11 AW runs. Last time out was the first run in 3 months and it wasn't a bad performance against some useful opponents. That was off a mark of 90, the same as today, and was the lowest rating for him in 13 runs. Despite running off high marks he has continued to put in good performance's so i consider the drop in rating as a positive because of the fact he is back to something he can maybe finally get his head back in front off. Graham Gibbons knows his mount well whilst his trainer, David Barron, has a 22% strike-rate since the turn of the year. There are some interesting runners contesting this race, runners who will go on to have good turf and AW seasons, but i am happy to go with this experienced gelding at a fair price. Each-way taken because it is a competitive race and most results wouldn't surprise me. I will also take a small chance on a former selection - Captain Ramius. The surface is fine and the big field should suit. Last time out was a bit of a weird run and the only reason i can give for that is the small field not suiting the tactics needed for a 'hold-up' type. I still think 89 is a winnable mark and the stable has continued to tick along nicely so i am willing to take a chance on him producing a good run once again. He has ran well over further so the stamina is a positive compared to the rest of the field. I think there is an arguement that the price could be a bit shorter. 1pt E/W Flipando to win - 7/1 with William Hill 0.5pt E/W Captain Ramius to win - 16/1 with Victor Chandler

Re: Flat Racing - Saturday 12th March Atlantic Story - 2:10 Wolverhampton One of the other runners in the race, he's up against horses half his age tomorrow and with a big jack up in weight, this looks to be a challenge for him. Fortunatly, he holds good form around Wolverhampton, winning twice in three starts. His last run at Wolverhampton was over 5f, where he finished a weakened 4th of 6th. Tomorrow he's back up in trip to 7f, and partnered with his first course victory jockey Jamie Spencer. At the price he is, he's worth sticking on a few quid for each way claims. Best priced - 16/1 @ Coral.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.