Flat Racing - Friday 11th March

Friday: 18.50 Wolverhampton This race is fairly competitive with a few runners in with good chances. However, the one i gave the strongest chance is Cobo Bay. I genuinely thought Conor Dore's in form gelding would be around the 5/2 mark at best so the price of 10/3 currently available is great value in my eyes. Hayley Turner is once again on board and she has built up a great relationship with Dore throughout this AW season. She won on this horse last time out by a massive 9 lengths and in that raced actually eased the horse down towards the finish. Yes, this is a tougher task but the mark of 78 he has been given for this doesn't look too high considering he is in good form. He has won off a mark of 85 in the past and won at this course not too long ago off 78. With the distance, course, weight, jockey and class all looking perfectly fine i think more improvement will be shown here and he will put in another good performance. Russian George is interesting back off a break and Broad Meaning catches my eye too. If the price improves i will get involved with the latter but, for now, i am happy to put a solid stake on Cobo Bay at a good price. 3/5pts Cobo Bay to win - 10/3 with Victor Chandler

Re: Flat Racing - Friday 11th March Clear Sailing - 6:50 Wolverhampton Dual purpose runner Clear Sailing returns to the track after an easy victory over hurdles in June last year. He returns to the flat for the first time in just under a year, after finishing a tired last of 6th over 2 miles at Wolverhampton. Back down in trip to 1m4f where he finished a very unlucky second by a nose in March last year. His last flat run was forgivable as it was his first 2m start on the flat, so he should appreciate the step down in trip and could hit the frame. Best priced 6/1 @ bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.