Flat Racing - Thursday 10th March

Thursday: 20.30 Kempton When i backed Ocean Legend last time out i said the field he was running in was very poor quality overall and, despite the large number of runners, i think the same can be said here. He dead-heated in that race but, on reflection, the horse he shared first spot with had a number of things going for it. Both of them beat the rest of the field easy enough which is a positive. I have no problems backing him again here in a race i think will be run to suit him. He has the ideal jockey on him to suit his style in the shape of Richard Hughes and has 4 wins from 8 runs over this course and distance to make an impressive strike-rate. He is used to racing in this class and, unlike alot of rivals, comes into this race in form. I dont think the 3lb rise is too much to overcome either so i am willing to take him here at a price that is bang on what i priced him up as. I will also have a little bit on L'Hirondelle at a nice price. This 7 year old has won over course and distance so those are not a problem and i feel his mark is ok too considering he never disgraced himself against better opposition off 1lb higher late last year. Last time out was his first run in 3 months and over a furlong longer than todays trip and i feel he travelled ok but lacked the extra stamina needed to compete near the front. If he comes on for that run i feel he could go well over what i think is his best distance and with a jockey on board that knows the horse better. The Scorching Wind is the only other runner i gave a good chance to but the price isn't good enough for me. 2pts Ocean Legend to win - 11/2 with William Hill 1pt E/W L'Hirondelle to win - 16/1 with William Hill

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 10th March

SportHorse Racing
EventKempton Park 18:30
SelectionAbacist (Each-way)
Strength1/10
Date10/03/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 0.00
ReasoningPoor effort on debut but worth to follows at this track. He raced at Lingfield LTO and that is a tougher track especially on debut. Kempton is a track trainer Ralph Beckett wins a lot of races. His last win came at this course over 7f. A filly maiden on her debut. Jockey Jim Crowley is booked and he is a very experienced rider here. He's ridden 2 winners from 3 Beckett trained hroses this year.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.