Flat Racing - Wednesday 2nd March

Wednesday: 17.40 Kempon I don't think this is the strongest race and there aren't too many i would say have a good chance when it comes to coming out on top. Should the favourite produce a run like he did last time out i don't think the 6lb penalty is too much to overcome. However, i think there is one at a bigger price who has good claims too. Mighty Clarets is that 'one'. This gelding won last month off a mark of 72 and for this race he will be back around that mark once the claim from his jockey is taken off. That race was the same class as this and over a furlong shorter but the way he ran suggests that the furlong extra will suit here. Lee Topliss has won onboard before so will not have any problems when it comes to how to ride him. Another good point about this runner is that from 7 runs on the AW he has finished in the top 3 5 times. The stable form is ok too so far this year. As i said, the race isn't the greatest and there are a couple of runners i am a bit unsure of so the stake will not be too high and i will take the e/w option. The price is what i wanted so i am happy to take it. I can't make my mind up how the market is likely to change during the day so wouldn't be surprised by any big change either way. 0.5pts E/W Mighty Clarets to win - 7/1 with Bet365

Re: Flat Racing - Wednesday 2nd March Wednesday: 17.30 Wolverhampton Like the other race i have a selection in, this looks pretty poor for a class 4. Quite a few look like they have been found out by the handicapper and others aren't proven on the surface. Again though, there is one i am keen on at a decent price. Smalljohn looks to have solid claims. He is a course & distance winner with 5 wins out of his 13 runs here and the latest of those was just over a month ago. After that win he didn't produce the greatest run but at the same time i don't think it was one to suggest he isn't still in good shape. His last run was off a mark of 2lb lower than he has here but the extra weight shouldn't be too much of a problem, espescially since he is receiving weight off quite a few rivals. The claimer onboard has ridden this gelding a few times and won once whist the stable form if ok too. I will again take the e/w option because i have small doubts about all the runners, including my selection. 1pt E/W Smalljohn to win - 15/2 with Bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.