Flat Racing - Saturday 26th Feb

Mirage

Saturday: 15.10 Lingfield This race is very strong in terms of the amount of runners who have reasons why they could win. I will therefore back more than one selection but not with stakes that are too high. Arganil is the first choice for me. This gelding has so many positives that i find it hard to see why he isn't closer to the market leaders in terms of price. He is in good form after a win last time out against some rivals he comes up against again here and has 8 wins from 15 AW starts. He has won Listed races in the past when racing around the same rating as he will be here whilst he has also won over this course & distance. The stable is in form and the fact that the jockey onboard him in this race won him last time out gives another positive. The race should be run to suit most style types so he should go close. An extra half point added to the stake because i feel he is great value. Anne Of Kiev is stepping up in class for this and should have no fears going into it because of her fine course & distance record which has seen her record 3 wins at Lingfield. She won last time out so is in good form, and if reproducing the same type of run i can see her staying on strongly to be amongst the places once again. It's a fair enough price in my mind so i am happy to take it. 1pt E/W Arganil to win - 14/1 with Stan James 0.5pts E/W Anne Of Kiev to win - 10/1 with Stan James

Re: Flat Racing - Saturday 26th Feb Saturday: 16.20 Lingfield A few runners i like the look of here but will only be going with Baylini because of the prices. This 7 year old has won 3 times over c&d and is used to running in this class of race - winning a class 2 around this time last year off a mark 1lb higher than today. There is enough pace to suit her if she is positioned to come from the back and the return to 10 furlongs is a positive after being outpaced over 2 furlongs shorter last time out. Her first race of the year was against some of todays rivals and to come in 3rd was a decent showing considering it was a first run for 2 months. Hayley Turner has been on board a few times so knows the horse well enough to remove any doubts about the jockey/horse relationship. I think she should be around the price of Suits Me who is another one i like but i don't think the chance of winning is strong enough justify the current price. Talked myself out of taking a punt on Mister New York whilst Layline is also too short despite having an obvious chance. So, happy to take this runner only at a good price in a competitive race. 1.5/5pts Baylini to win - 6/1 with Bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.