Cricket - Top batsmen and bowlers

Otter4

Re: Cricket - Top batsmen and bowlers South Africa v Netherlands The wicket is expected to be pacy and will suit the SA attack down to a tea, conversely it will be exactly what the Netherlands would rather avoid. Steyn's odds are short Morkel will upset the batsmen with his pace and bounce. The bookies have jumped on the Seelar bandwagon after his bowling performance against the Windies but I don't think the pitch will suit him, Bukhari is the best pace bowler for the Netherlands and is a juicy price at 5/1. Kallis is Kallis and is due a score, whilst also has the insurance of batting at 3 so will have a chance even if the €Netherlands bat first and are skittled. Zuiderent is abit more of a gamble but, my thinking is he will hopefully be protected from the pacemen and come in at a stage of the innings where the spinners are on and he can rebuild. At 9/1 in a weak batting line up and on a fast track i'm happy. Top bats- Zuiderent 9/1 Bet365 @1.5 point Kallis 4/1 PaddyPower @ 1.5 point Top Bowlers- Bukhari 5/1 Coral @ 1.5 point Morkel 7/2 Coral @ 1.5 point Canada v Pakistan match Surkari battedwell in the last game and comes in at 6/7 with a license to play his shots, the top order is bang out of form and frail, so an aggressive scorer will have a chance to score quickly before getting out! Akmal has been in good form, scoring quickly after one of the openers have thrown their wicket away. I can't back a batsman outside the top three due to the risk of chasing down a low total. Balaji took 4 wickets in the last match against Zimbabwe and bowled very well against Sri Lanka as well. Without their injured paceman, he looks the only bowler with any wicket taking ability with his big turn and flight - the odds are way out of line!!! Both bowlers Akhtar and Riaz are in form, only one will play, so I have taken both and the other will be voided. Gul looks a little out of sorts and doesn't open the bowling - which is the best time against this awful batting line up - Razzaq rarely bowls all 10 overs so one of these will look to make inroads into the batting line up as well as mop up the tail with their extra pace. Their odds are again big! Top bats Surkari 1.5points@ 8/1 Skybet K.Akmal 1.5 points @ 9/2 Blue SQ Top Bowlers Balaji Rao 1.5 points 9/2 @ Sportingbet W.Riaz 1.5 points 5/1 @ Sportingbet S.Akhtar 1.5 points 9/2 @ Sportingbet

Re: Cricket - Top batsmen and bowlers Great work, Otter..... and it's nice to see a system author taking the time and trouble to include an analysis of their selections.... not like some people who just post pretty tables.... like me :D

Overall bank = 108.25 Strike rate = 20% ROI = 43%
By the way, I think your ROI calculation may be a little bit optimistic.

Re: Cricket - Top batsmen and bowlers Trott did us both proud today, good to see another day of profit in this thread. Cusack came second though an each-way bet at 10/1 would've proved a beauty. Definitely look into it! Keep up the good work :clap

Re: Cricket - Top batsmen and bowlers Cheers Big Mac, not totally warranted after todays disaster! 8 losses-is unheard of for this system since I've been doing it! A couple of close calls with Surkari coming second at 8/1 and Balaji bowling well; but overall a terrible day! Still, let's change this around! One personal preference for tomorrow is some matches that are not so one-sided on paper! This for me is a positive!

BowlerOddsStakeWin/LossRunning Bank
Krezja5to11-149
Styris12to11-148
Dockrell7to21-147
Kulasekara4to11.5-1.545.5
Afridi7to21.55.2550.75
Sreesanth5to11void50.75
Bresnan9to214.555.25
Seelaar5to11560.25
Benn7to21-159.25
Murali7to21-158.25
Dockrell7to21.5-1.556.75
Broad7to21.5-1.555.25
M.Morkel7to21.5-1.553.75
Bukhari5to11.5-1.552.25
B.Rao9to21.5-1.550.75
S.Akhtar9to21.5-1.549.25
W.Riaz5to11.5-1.547.75
H.Bennett7to22.5
P.Utseya4to12.5
S.Benn7to22.5
BatsmenOddsStakeWin/LossRunning Bank
M.Clarke5to11-149
R.Taylor4to11-148
A.Botha10to11-147
U.Tharanga9to21.5-1.545.5
Misbah6to11.5954.5
V.Kohli5to11-153.5
K.Pieterson7to21-152.5
Da.Bravo9to21-151.5
A.Kervezee11to21-150.5
Sangakarra4to11-149.5
S. Waters9to21-148.5
J.Trott4to11.5654.5
A.Cusack10to11.5-1.553
B.Zuiderent9to11.5-1.551.5
J.Kallis4to11.5-1.550
Surkari8to11.5-1.548.5
K.Akmal9to21.5-1.547
R.Taylor11to22.5
R.Sarwan5to12.5
R.Hasan7to12.5

Re: Cricket - Top batsmen and bowlers N.Zealand v Zimbabwe I think this will be a close game. Zimbabwe's spin bowlers will have a pitch to suit them and I feel they could strangle the power hitting of NZ. Taylor gets another selection and I feel he will hang in and allow NZ to build an innings around him. No zimbabwe batsman qualifies. For the bowlers I really rate Utseya and can see him troubling the NZ batsmen with his dangerous and economical spin bowling. Conversely Bennet has been in superb form for the NZ team and his extra pace could really trouble the zim batsmen. Taylor 11/2 -2.5 points Sporting bet Bennet 7/2 Sportingbet -2.5 points Utseya 4/1 sportingbet 2.5 points

Re: Cricket - Top batsmen and bowlers Windies v Bangladesh This is a home match for Bangladesh and it is expected to be a low, turning wicket. If so it could well strangle the Windies batsmen and restrict their scoring. For this reason I'm going to back Sarwan as he has looked in good touch recently and his style suits both the wicket and the bowling. No Bangladesh bowler qualifies. This wicket will unlikley suit Kemar Roach and therefore I have to back Windies' best spin bowler S.Benn who bowled beautifully to take 3 wickets in the previous match. Sarwan 2.5 points @ 5/1 bet365 Hasan 2.5 points @ 7/1 bet365 Benn 2.5 points @ 7/2 bluesq

Re: Cricket - Top batsmen and bowlers Cheers for your words of encouragement - we will pull this back! A loss of 3.75 points on the last round of bets . Both matches were certainly not close and many of the bets didn't stand a chance!

Re: Cricket - Top batsmen and bowlers Australia v Sri lanka top bats d. Hussey 9/1 - 3 points @ unibet M.jayawardene 9/2 - 3points @ Bet365 a.Matthews 199/1 - 1 point @ unibet bowlers krezja 11/2 - 3 points @ bet 365 on this wicket I feel that players lower down the order may get their cahnce to shine! Hussey is waiting to explode and mathhews' odds are simply ridiculous! Jayawardene is in great touch and will play spin and pace equally well! Only krezja so far for bowlers - his attacking spin will troubly the batmsen on this wicket.

Re: Cricket - Top batsmen and bowlers Just waiting for the team news Top Sri lanka bowler herath - 3 points @ 11/2 bet 365 Sri lanka have picked 3 spinners - he is the value! Mendis has not taken many wickets recently, herath bowled superbly the other day! Murali is a bit shortcim what I see as a toss up!

Re: Cricket - Top batsmen and bowlers Good luck Otter. Those odds on Matthews must surely be a mistake by that bookmaker? If I can ask one question, it looks like you've gradually been upping the stakes as the thread has gone along. Are you employing a particular staking strategy? Hope this produces good results and if Matthews does the business then :beerare on you...