Flat Racing 20th Feb

chris34

Brilliant looking card for a sunday on the AW with plenty of competitive handicaps! 2.50 Kempton Aather is for sure an interesting runner returning to the flat for first time since August 2008, has only tried polytrack once and was last and previous form on the flat in my opinion leaves him something to find well beaten in all handicap starts and although another 6lb lower will need to have improved in my opinion. All Beat Routes best form has come on the polytrack, 12 runs with 2 wins and 3 placed efforts including a head 2nd to My Valley last time out over CD, that was his first start since October and can be expected to come on for the run. Handicapper not taking any chances though putting him up 3lb for that effort but may still have more to offer than most in this lineup. For me Wheres Susie looks a massiv price she is a very consistent and trustworthy mare who very rarely runs a bad race, she entered my notebook last time out round here over 11f when she raced up with a decent pace in a race where all the winners and placers bar her came from off the pace and she was the only prominent one to finish near the front, she is still only 2lb above last winning mark and will appreciate return to this trip and Baker in the plate always a positive! 0.2pt win Beat Route 11/2 vc 0.3pt win Wheres Susie 7/1 vc 3.55 Kempton This is gonna be run at a good clip with so many front runners in the lineup in Dens gift, Pegasus Again and Samarinda. Gonna put a line through those 3 as I feel theyre all got something to prove without taking each other on upfront. Chilli Green is unexposed at this trip and is improving but she often has a tendency to pull hard and this race is competitive again off a 5lb higher mark and would need to settle better which is a massive risk at a short price. Hereford Boy made an encouraging return after nearly a year off the track last time out finishing well in a race that was run at a steady pace but should be much more suited to how this race should be run, had a good run last winter and only 4lb above last winning mark and could come on for the run last time out. Lockantanks finally got a well deserved win last time out having run consistently all winter and did it in convincing style as if there was perhaps more to come, 7lb rise fairly hefty but going the right way all of a sudden and another that should be suited to the way the race should be run. Highly Regal cannot be ignored at any price round here and although largely out of sorts this winter he returned to form last time out when just a shorthead second to the Happy Hammer round lingfield, all best form has come round here over Cd with 6 wins, up a 1lb for latest effort but still extremely well handicapped on best form having won off a mark 8lb higher. 0.25pt win Lockantanks 9/2 vc 0.15pt Highly Regal 6/1 vc 0.1pt win Hereford Boy 8/1

Re: Flat Racing 20th Feb 3.55 Kempton: Hereford Boy 1pt win @ 8/1 Bet365 BOG Very encouraging reappearance after an 8 month break when close up 5th over this trip at Lingfield LTO. Sure to get a decent pace today which will suit this hold up performer well - has the ability to win from this mark in my opinion having won from 4lbs lower and went close from a couple of pounds higher in the past. Jamie Spencer booked which could prove ideal given the horse's style of racing and with being sure to strip fitter for recent reappearance, could see it going very close.