Betting Each Way. Yes/No? Why?

Mirage

Hey guys, A question to everyone really but will be espescially interested to hear what the experienced punters say: what makes you bet each way? If you do at all that is.... I see it mentioned at times in different threads but im just curious as to when people use the e/w option. In betting shops when i have bet race to race in the past i always took each way on selections that would at least give me my money back if only a place is achieved, ie. 1/4 odds 4/1 and above or 1/5 odds 5/1 or above. Now though, when studdying hard like i have been in the last week or so, i am starting to change my mind. Infact, my first winner on this forum was as a straight win at a price i would normally have put e/w at the same stake total. So, i am beggining to wonder whether i should ony back e/w at odds that will offer me 2/1 the place, ie. 1/4 odds 8/1 and about and 1/5 odds 10/1 and above. I know some don't back e/w at all but, in my opinion, i dont understand this when it comes to prices around the 16/1 and above mark. Has anyone tried different ways and seen it help or start to destroy their p/l? I have only had a few bets that i have studied seriously and recorded so there aren't enough results to see how it would have worked out on myself in the past :\ Thanks in advance for any replies.

Re: Betting Each Way. Yes/No? Why? IMO its a case of each to there own. Many various types of punters on here all with there own take on how to bet & how to get value etc. Take your time and back the way its suits YOU would be my thoughts and i firmly of the opinion value is in the eye of the beholder. I myself find backing e/w at mostly double digit prices the most benefit to me but at times will back win if odds are cramped or backing several in a race. Some guys back e/w at prices of say 7/2 and lower i can't get my head around that BUT if it works for them you can't knock it. I don't back even money or odds on shots i prefer to look at double figure prices in those sort of races and back e/w at smaller stakes but some guys on here profit by backing the former so like i said for me its each to there own there is no written law. Good Luck:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.