Flat Racing - Saturday 12th Feb

Mirage

Saturday: 15.40 Lingfield A tough race here and one where i will take a couple of interests. The main selection will be Breathless Kiss. Phillip Makin is onboard and has been banging in the winners on a reguar basis recently whilst the stable have done well in the same period and go well here. This filly has recorded all her wins over the 5 furlong distance and now she is back to that trip i don't think the mark of 80 is too tough for her to achieve a win off. She was well down the field last time out but that was over a furlong further than she will run over today and in a class above. Also, in that race i think she was given a bit too much to do considering the opposition she was up against. I think 4/1 is a fair price and wouldn't be surprised to see her come close. The next one to carry my money is Grudge. Grudge has won off this mark before under today's rider Hayley Turner. Athough he hasn't done too much in this class previously he is on the way back down from a mark of 73 and comes up against some of todays opponents on much better terms than the last time he saw them. His trainer, Conor Doe, has a good record here overall and although it is a bit of a speculative pick i think the 14/1 available is worth taking in the hope that he will show his best form. Like i said, this is a competitive race and i must admit the prices are the main reasons i have got involved, but here's hoping i can nail a winner on this forum at last.....with small stakes! 1.5/5pts Breathless Kiss to win - 4/1 with Bet364 0.5/5pts Grudge to win - 14/1 with Bet365

Re: Flat Racing - Saturday 12th Feb Saturday: 16.50 Lingfield My only other bet of the day will come in this 14 runner (so far of course), class 3 handicap over 10 furlongs. It's the biggest field i have studied in depth so far and i feel that there are quite a few with serious doubts over them so have been able to narrow it down a bit. The current favourite, Good Again, has strong claims after travelling well last time only to fail to find a gap, but at the current odds of 4/1 i am not willing to get involved. I can't see that price increasing to what i want either. So, i will therefore take Franco Is My Name as my only bet of the race. He was the only other runner i gave a serious chance to and although he is current 2nd favourite i like the look of the price enough to take an interest. He has won over course and distance so neither of them will be a problem and last time out, at Lingfield, i feel he could have won had he not drifted so wide. I don't think the jockey helped that day by constantly whipping with his left hand even though it was clear this gelding would continue to drift right because of it. He went into the bend widest of all that day in fairness, but had he kept a straight line coming out of it he would have finished in the middle of the track instead of against the nearside rail. Dane O'Neil is onboard today and he has won on him before so that is a positive but he was given a 1lb rise in the ratings from that last race. I don't think that will be enough to stop him producing a similar run and if that is the case he should go close to recording a win here off a mark 5b higher than his highest previous rating. The price should be around 11/2 or even 5/1, in my opinion, and I think there are enough runners who like to be up top to provide an ideal pace for my selection to run off . Hopefully he will continue the form of last time out to get another '1' added to his form figures. 3/5pt Franco Is My Name to win - 13/2 with William Hill

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.