Laying The Away Favourite

I have been taking a look at various odds and results and thought I'd focus on teams that are rated as favourite to win even though they are the away side. My thought was that there never appears to be that many away wins compared to how many times an away side is considered to be the favourite. And it seems I might be right. Looking at qualifying matches over the past couple of seasons in England, France, Germany and Italy, I was amazed to see that the result was the same everywhere. The favourite only wins 40% of the time. Strangely in Scotland and Spain that figure was closer to 65-70%. So I've decided to see whether 'laying the away favourite' can be a profitable thing to do. I'll be using Betfair, and the only qualifying criteria is that the odds for the away side to win must be lower than for the home side. I'll be looking at matches in all divisions in England, France, Germany and Italy. I'll be starting with 100 units, and limiting my liability to 10 units per match. I'm pretty new to this so I would not be surprised if someone can see a huge big hole in my plans....but nothing ventured nothing gained...

Re: Laying The Away Favourite Right, so my first selections are going to be for Saturday 12th Feb so here goes.... Blackpool vs Aston Villa 2.28 Potential Win 7.42 (after commission) Sunderland vs Tottenham 2.68 PW 5.65 Bristol City vs Leeds 2.5 PW 6.33 Derby vs Leicester 2.28 PW 7.42 Sheff Utd vs Millwall 2.66 PW 5.72 Arles vs Montpellier 1.93 PW 10.21 Sochaux vs Marseilles 2.36 PW 6.98 St Etienne vs Lyon 2.58 PW 6.00 Frankfurt vs Leverkusen 2.18 PW 8.05 Kaiserslautern vs Dortmund 1.72 PW 13.19

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.