BBOTD - 1st Feb 2011

SIG

Let's try to kick off the new month with a winner - Good luck! :ok Still no internet in the new house so need to post this early... 14.10 Folkestone The stand-out selection in this one by far, the ever improving Sire De Grugy ran brilliantly LTO and there is simply no runner in this race that can oppose him. The SP is likely to be short (I might even beat Whizzkid's record for the shortest odds!) but a win is a win and Sire will get the job done with ease. Sire De Grugy - 1pt Win @ SP

Re: BBOTD - 1st Feb 2011 3.40 Folkstone Commanche Dawn 12/1 e/w bet365 Think Ukranian Star will be very hard to beat here but I give this one a chance if jumping better than LTO. This horse was well back on its last run at Plumpton, eventually going off 5/1 second favourite. Think the horse hit pretty much every fence before unseating. Although hitting every fence in that race and losing ground as a consequence, the horse travelled powerfully in between the fences on the flat and always got back into contention travelling well. I think if this horse can brush up on his jumping, he could have a big say here. Obviously that is a big "IF" as its jumping was woeful LTO. Apart from the favourite, there are probably another couple of dangers in Oponce and quart de montceau. The horse is 7lb out of the handicap here as he is due to go down to his new mark after this race but that is offset by the 7lb claimer on board. This is a bit of a risky one but if jumping well should go close. Putting this up early just in case it gets well backed again.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.