Flat Racing Monday 24th Jan

2.10 Kempton Final Rhapsody was lively in the market last time out in first time visor and it did bring about some improvement when staying on from the clouds and would have finished a lot closer with a slightly better time ride etc. is 3lb better off with Replicator today and he might not get such an easy lead this time so is well worth taking on with Final Rhapsody to turn the tables. Jonny Ebeneezer ended a huge losing run last time out in front of Chinese Democracy who has since run well again, he was a class act in his younger days group class, tumbled in the weights and could be capable of defying a penalty if anything of his old sparkle remains at this lowly level even under a 6lb penalty he looks feasibly treated. 0.35pt win Final Rhapsody 0.15pt win Jonny Ebeneezer 3.20 Kempton Cat bells is sure to be popular and a short price in the market and probably worth taking on having won very easily in a much weaker race last time out although did well having lost several lengths at start but that form suspect and 6lb penalty in a stronger race could find her out today. Where Susie is a consistent sort who goes well on the AW surfaces but concern most of her form has come with a run under her belt and will probably be better for a run. For me Dillys Maud is an interesting runner only losing out by a short head to Ice Road Trucker last time out up 3lb for that which perhaps a little harsh but the blinkers do appear to be bringing about some improvement and perhaps more can be expected yet over these extended trips. The other interesting runner is Adoyen Spice who caused a massive shock back in November over CD and has since run with credit all starts since and none more so than last time out when looking a difficult ride again and getting going far too late over shorter trip at wolverhampton a return to Kempton and a return to this trip should be far more up her street and again she could still have more to offer being so unexposed. 0.2pt win Dillys Maud 0.3pt win Adoyen Spice 3.50 Kempton Think I am right in saying this is the first London Mile Qualifier and this usually produce competitive fields and favourites dont often do too well in these races. Tony Carrolls horses have started the new year in fine form and a couple more success's yesterday again proves the form of the yard and both of his runners have to be given a chance here. Firstly Jake The Snake who was very unlucky not to win on his season reappearance when nearly biten in the finish by caprio which cost him the race but proves he is in top form and perhaps continue his slow steady upward curve from last year only 3lb higher than last win draw could perhaps have been kinder. His other runner is Jordaura who is having his first run for him and comes here fit after an abmissmal effort over hurdles for another yard 2 weeks ago. He proved very frustrating in the summer often shaping as if a win was around the corner just kept bumping into things and also running in much stronger races than this and now returns to the AW on a reasonable mark if getting a good pace to chase and a route through as again he will be finishing late. Finally the other that interests me is Big Bay who is another running for an inform yard in Chapple-Hyam and has dropped a long way in the weights after several disappointing efforts in the summer and autumn struggling to beat a rival home but something like his best last time out when closing late on over todays CD and a further 1lb lower today and if back to best he is well handicapped 5lb lower than last win over CD in Nov 09. 0.2pt win Jordaura 16/1 hills 0.2pt win Jake The Snake 8/1 hills 0.1pt win Big Bay 7/1 hills

Flat Racing Monday 24th 3.50 Kempton Chilli Green 7/2 Bet 365 5pts win Having a decent bet on this today. Still looks progressive to me and think he should take this. Won a 7f handicap here a couple of runs ago but looked better the further he went. Think the step up in trip will suit. Think his last run was even more impressive even though he didn't win. Chased a ridiculous pace and still managed to only get beat by just over a length and finished 3 lengths clear of third. The other 2 horses that set the pace finished well tailed off. The winner of that race came out next time in a class 3 at Lingfield and probably should have won just getting beat by Bravo Echo. Now Bravo Echo came out today and won a very competitive race easily so the form is very good. The second favourite in this race is Mcconnell but I think this horse is much better at Southwell. Jake the Snake loves it around here but don't think he will be good enough. Tewin Wood won well last time out beating Abriachan which won today and I think this horse might try and take them along. Hopefully my selection will just sit in behind the pace and quicken clear in the final furlong.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.