BBOTD Sat 8th Jan 2011

Howard Johnson has had about as much luck as me this week but i will stick with him in the Welsh National as luck can always turn as we all know. He's never raced at Chepstow before but he is well used to races like this, he's been there seen it done it and and if anybody can have him ready for this its Howard Johnson. Jockey Brian Hughes keeps his faith in him being 2nd last time out at Aintree to Hello Bud. If he gets beat then i will be more than happy to sit back and watch the champ take the race but its a very hard race to be confident in, Hills are showing 33/1 and am more than happy to have some of that e/w. 1:45 Chepstow W/N Royal Rosa 0.5pt e/w bet Best of luck in your weekend.

Re: BBOTD Sat 8th Jan 2011 3.30 Wincanton Mount Oscar 7/1 1pt win william hill Like the way this one won last time out. Jockey didn't really go for him until after the last fence where he picked up strongly and won by 7 lengths. Up 9lb for the that win in the same grade I think he still has a good chance. Ground and trip are both fine and there are enough doubts about the opposition to warrant a bet for me. Other horses that head the betting are stepping up in class or returning from a break so I like this ones chances of getting another win. Working title was disappointing against the selection last time so I don't see any reason why he should reverse that form. Mount Oscar that day put in a few slow jumps so I think with a better round of jumping today he can go close. Think the biggest danger will come from Fistral beach who has ran well after a break in the past.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.