Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11

cpo

18.40 Wolverhampton Fortunate Bid 10/1 Betfred 1pt win This is a strong bet for me today and have been waiting for it to reappear. John Potts is in the form of his life but I think this horse is worth taking on today with Fortunate Bid. Returned from a break over CD a few weeks ago where he travelled very strongly and was in behind a wall of horses turning for home and then when trying to make a run got hampered and lost its momentum. Still managed to finish strongly and get within 2.5 lengths of the winner. Bentley who finished just ahead of the selection has won since and Pie Poudre put up another good effort finishing third over CD. To me this was an eye catching run after a 104 day absence. I think there's only a few in here with a chance with most of the field looking very average. This represents a drop in class for the horse today so I am hoping for a big run.

Best bet of the day 6th Jan 1.20 Southwell I cant see much getting into this bar last years winner Harlech Castle and the unexposed Benato the Great. Harlech Castle returned to something like some form over CD in claimer last month when finishing well but this was probably still not enough to win a race of this calibre at the moment for all he is on a very attractive mark 14lb below last winning mark. For me the only horse in the race is Benato The Great he looks a real class act, still running very green last time out but easily made it 2 from 2 in his career and confirmed his liking for this surface, up 7lb for that effort but useful claimer takes off 3lb and still looks well ahead of his mark. 0.5pt win Benato The Great 5/4 Bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.