Best bet of the day~29th Dec

Event 2.30 LEOPARDSTOWN Selection ACROSS THE BAY (Each-way) Strength 2/10 Date 29/12/2010 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 26.00 BOG Reasoning Has thrown in the odd stinker like last run but has some good form and has a win and two 2nds on all completed starts over chases and could go well for top trainer looks 2nd string on jockey booking but im not so sure Jered will get 3m this horse will if in the mood and will relish the ground and with 5 places being paid is another a plus. Jim Goldie bring a horse over for this but they are running so bad this while take a braver man than me to back it. There has been a few quid for ATB already can't see the price lasting and i think it will go off much shorter.

Re: Best bet of the day~29th Dec 3:20 Newbury - Big Buck's - Back Ok, so I am going to win absolutely no prizes for originality here but he simly leas out of the page here. Sometimes you see a horse at long odds-on and it is only so short because the opposition is so weak or because the horse has potential but has never shown it. Big Buck's fall into neither of those categories, and is currently trading at odds of 2/9 based purely on his own class. He is a phenomenal specimen. Some people think it's a shame that he could never prove himself over fences but I am glad in a way as it has given us chance to watch him over hurdles for a prolonged period, and what a joy it has been to watch. Only today was I watching the replay of last year's World Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival, It was incredible that he beat such a high class field with such ease and fluency, leaving them all for dead whilst on the bit. Since reverting to hurdles after being switched from fences, his record reads RUN 9, WON 9. In any form of racing that's an incredible record, but this is at Grade 1 level which makes it even more staggering. And it's not just the fact that he wins, it's the way in which he does it which is so impressive. A supremely smooth traveller, whose fluent jumping and pure flat speed combine to see him hit the front in many a race whilst still tanking on the bit when his rivals are often well and truly under the pump. He is, without doubt, the best long-distance hurdler that racing has ever seen. He has at least 20lb in hand against all of today's rivals and not only would it be a shock if he got beaten, it would be a travesty. His unbeaten record over hurdles is a thing of beauty, and I for one hope it never gets broken. He has beaten all of today's main rivals comfortably before, and I expect him to do so once again here. I hope he routs them in fact 1pt win @ 2/9 Paddy Power BOG

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.