Lay of the day 8th Nov

1.30 Wolverhampton So AW kicks off daily today and rather a piss poor opening event, Conry ran a good race last time out that was on soft ground on turf last week and his AW mark is 11lb lower, but has always lacked any serious threat of form on the AW even after running well on turf which is concerning. Just Timmy Marcus and Lord Of The Dance both often run well round here but struggle to win and also drop back in trip which I dont feel they need. Any money for the Irish raider would always look significant around here but 3lb out of handicap is a concern. I was hoping for a little bigger price about Kings Caprice but I think the old boy could still be the one to give a chance to at the prices, he stayed on well on penultimate start at 6f at windsor and stepped up on that effort when 6th by just 2 lengths again staying on strongly, runs off same mark today and is very dangerously handicapped on his best younger day form being rated as high as 104 in his prime!! The other interesting runner for me is another old boy Compton Micky who is out of the handicap by a massive 11lb out of the handicap BUT young apprentice claims 7lb of that back and he shaped VERY encouringingly on return from 4 years on the missing list when staying on 3rd at southwell over 6f, steps upto 7f today its a shame yard didnt wait for a southwell handicap opening but having said that he could still go well at a massive price! 1pt lay just timmy marcus

Re: Lay of the day 8th Nov CORTINAS 12.40 Southwell. Place Lay. Weighted up to best, and although would be a consistent enough type who always appears to give his all, I feel the ground will be softer than ideal for him and so a few others do appear to have the race better suited to them. Around evens to finish in the first 2 would be opposable in my humble opinion.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.