Breeders Cup

TheRat

Re: Breeders Cup Worst judges of pace were the ones who went off far too fast. The early leaders were beaten even before the final straight. So talk of Zenyatta being a furlong behind is way off the mark. Only a matter of around seven lengths away from the "best" pace. She always races from the back, and it was going to happen one day. Mike Smith probably over-did the waiting tactics a bit, but ignore the leading group and it wasn't much different to last season. Didn't think she was moving right early, high head carriage and ears pricked too. Half expected her to be pulled up. In GB flash photography is banned for good reason. Shouting and screams from the crowd did not help either. Zenyatta probably was not in the best frame of mind before the start and needed even longer than normal to warm to her task.

Re: Breeders Cup

why was the thread taken down' date=' must've missed that?[/quote'] Think it might've been something to do with Billy The Punter offering a winning prize (can't remember what it was). So the mods possibly did not want the winner to think he would be getting the prize. Not that I'd have excepted it anyway. Would not want BTP to know where I lived. ;) Then again, may be the reason why BTP stopped it was the fact I was in front. :lol

Re: Breeders Cup yeah these three horses ....with my bet haynesfield :eek shocking just wanted to say that this defeat is very much an honourable one, and as i said dont jump on that smith train... i believe this bittersweet defeat will her make even more popular, and nevertheless shes a legend... again : lets celebrate her!

Cannot blame the jockey for that imo. Easy to blame him for her first defeat given the way she runs. She clearly wasn't going well when they left the stalls and Mike Smith even said that himself. The American presenters are adamant he's not a cocky, showboating guy and I very much doubt he'd have wanted to be as far back as he was. He was about 30 lengths behind going past the stands for the first time and lost by a nose. Best horse in the race by an absolute street. If anything she's getting temperamental. She beats horses in the same way regardless of their ability it seems.
Can't agree more with this.

Re: Breeders Cup Thought Mike Smith was an absolute disgrace, not so much because of the super over exaggerated waiting tactics which did ultimately cost Zenyatta the race and I don't see how anyone could see it any other way; but the use of the whip was absolutely horrendous and probably did as much to hinder her run as to help it, I know they have different whip rules in the states but that was shocking viewing in my opinion

Re: Breeders Cup Genuinely quite gutted to see Zenyatta lose in her last race, albeit only by a head, and making up all that ground too. Certainly no disgrace. Didn't like the excessive whipping, but I can understand how Mike Smith must have felt knowing this was for 20 out of 20, and the fact he was probably aware that he'd left it later than he should have at the time. I know it's standard tactics for Zenyatta to come from way behind, but I do feel as if the distance was still a little excessive in this instance, at the early stages of the race. Also you could say he should have left a little less in-hand to these horses? Considering it was the Classic after all, not saying that Zenyatta wasn't the best horse in the race, but the standard was probably a little higher than in the majority of her all previous all female type races.

Genuinely quite gutted to see Zenyatta lose in her last race, albeit only by a head, and making up all that ground too. Certainly no disgrace. Didn't like the excessive whipping, but I can understand how Mike Smith must have felt knowing this was for 20 out of 20, and the fact he was probably aware that he'd left it later than he should have at the time. I know it's standard tactics for Zenyatta to come from way behind, but I do feel as if the distance was still a little excessive in this instance, at the early stages of the race. Also you could say he should have left a little less in-hand to these horses? Considering it was the Classic after all, not saying that Zenyatta wasn't the best horse in the race, but the standard was probably a little higher than in the majority of her all previous all female type races.
I was shouting her home, despite no bet in the race. 20 out of 20 would've been great. Can't condone the use of whip. Thrashing Zenyatta like that probably more of a hindrence than help, got her more unbalenced. It certainly was a better standard than any other race she's run in, with a possible exception of last year (only possible). The only reason it was 19 out of 19 the fact she'd taken on a lower grade (fillies and mares races) every other time. Goldicova is (on form) a better mare.

Re: Breeders Cup And so did i, after Haynesfield weakened quickly entering the home straight thanks to unseen jockeyship, my eyes were only on Zenyatta... Felt terrible but not because of the 500 ive lost on haynesfield but very much because of Zenyatta got beaten... got beaten by a head :( Regarding his excessive whip use i have to agree with several others though, Smith desperately wanted her to win this and in the heat of the moment i forgive him.

And so did i, after Haynesfield weakened quickly entering the home straight thanks to unseen jockeyship, my eyes were only on Zenyatta... Felt terrible but not because of the 500 ive lost on haynesfield but very much because of Zenyatta got beaten... got beaten by a head :( Regarding his excessive whip use i have to agree with several others though, Smith desperately wanted her to win this and in the heat of the moment i forgive him.
You can't be serious?, There is absolutely no way anyone can justify him taking the frustration out on the horse and beating her in such a way. No matter how much I wanted a horse to win I would rather except defeat than have a Jockey behave in such a way.

Re: Breeders Cup I'd love to beat that numpty Mike Smith with his whip the way he thrashed away at poor old Zen. :spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank

Re: Breeders Cup I said before thats its not ok he beaten Zenyatta in that way. Dont get me wrong. BUT human tend to do mistakes and i forgive him because of the heat of the moment OK? You understand? Half of you said Smith ran an absouletely shocking race. :rollin Indeed it wasnt a bad ride, and the "furlong" he lost at the start was because of Z gettin squeezed etc. That says a lot about your "race reading skills". And as i said dont jump on the Smith bad ride train i have to say dont jump on the moral train now. You just need someone to boo at and cant accept it wasnt to be that day.