Jumps Racing ~ Sat 30th Oct

Charlie Hall Chase Calgary Bay 0.5pt EW - 14/1 Finally a real grade2 field in this race. Last year only 5 took part and the form is somewhat doubtful to me. Deep Purple won it, but might struggle with the double penalty this time around. Ollie Magern is 13 now and I'd be extremely surprised if he is to win this. Don't remember the last time I've seen a grade2 race having market leaders with so many questions to answer. Barbers Shop has hit and miss profile and I'm still not convinced what his trip and conditions are. He might just be one of those, who is not good enough in grade races and will always be found out in handicaps off his mark. The Tother One is also very inconsistent. Nicholls usually aims them for a particular race and he will have him 100% ready, but at the price I'll let him run. Nacarat usually needs his first runs and is better going right handed. Knockara Beau I'm not sure is good enough. That's Rhythm is a handicapper and should find this too hot. The one I'm left with is not a particularly strong betting proposition either, but I just keep coming back to the run at Doncaster off top weight when he easily won against a pretty strong field. He gets the same left handed flat galloping track here and the ground is good. Needed the run last season and should be spot on for recent reappearance two weeks ago. 6th in the Gold Cup wasn't a bad effort. With strong pace ensured, I just think the race can be run to suit and Henrietta won with Minella Theatre the other day. Racing Demon ran a cracker over hurdles as well. I know I'm backing an enigma horse here, but I just have a feeling he will outrun his price tomorrow and the hold up tactics will be beneficial.

Jump Racing 30th Oct 4.15 Ascot Get Me Out Of Here has to be hard to beat and unbelievable price at 9/4 in my opinion, went well first time out last year and yard can ready them first time out (if they want to) and this has to be easy pickings on his way to something a little more, unbeaten until Festival last year when going down a head to the classy Menorah in a grade 1 supreme novices after winning 5 times including a grade 3 handicap and clearly has plenty of improvement still to come! 1pt win Get Me Out Of Here 9/4 sj

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.