Jumps Racing ~ Wed 27th Oct

2.15 Punchestown - Datokepe - 3pt win at SP A more ordinary looking Maiden hurdle, and this looks an ideal opportunity for Datokepe to loose his maiden tag on his fourth attempt. Already raced and a fair enough third in a Fairyhouse bumper he should handle conditions and i very much expect this well bred individual to outclass his rivals! 3.20 Punchestown - Noble Prince - 1pt win at SP Several useful sorts within here, notably Saludos, Healys Bar and Noble Prince. Preference is for the last as i always thought of him to be a good thing, and he proved to be a fair jumper of hurdles. Should have a major chance when able to transfer his form to fences and im on him despite an expected shortprice and despite hes not naturally bred for chasing! 3.50 Punchestown - Gates of Rome - 1pt e/w at SP Magnamity and Definite Edge both rate to have a big chance when taking to fences, however Gates of Rome proved to be a consistent sort over hurdles and i very much expect this son of Luso to improve now sent chasing, hes bred for the job, should handle conditions and an e/w chance is taken!

Jump Racing - Weds 27th Oct 15:25: Haydock Quite a tough handicap to work out, but I think that Maurice Barnes Soft Spoken Guy can go very close on his second start after a summer break. This 7yo has won three times, once in his first bumper appearance, once at this trip in a novice hurdle event and once in a handicap (off 3lbs higher than he runs today) at a 2f further trip. He Made his seasonal reappearance at Bangor over what seemed an inadequate trip of 2miles. Wasn't given a tough time of it that day, only a couple of cracks of the whip to get into any sort of contention, then was put under a hand ride. Stayed on at the end but the trip was woefully sharp for him, outpaced for a fair chunk of the race at the rear of the field (he prefers to race more prominently). He should strip plenty much fitter for that run and unlike a few of his rivals today, there should be zero worry about his fitness. Hopefully the ground will soften a little with the rain Haydock may have tonight, if not, it is no real worry as although he's never won on "good" ground, he has ran well on it before. The Hobbs trained runner is the biggest danger it seems, but this trip does look a bit sharp for him and he looks to be a 3mile horse in the making, he may get found out off this chunky looking mark. Pipe Banner ran very well on a couple of occasions last year, but he's a bit hit and miss, although AP up is a positive. The rest of the field also have a few questions to answer. Trainer not in the greatest form at present, although majority of his horses have gone off massive prices. With his usual jockey back in the saddle, a more favourable trip, no real issue with his race-fitness and running off a mark where he should be very competitive at, I think the 10/1 on offer is pretty big, and willing to give it a go. EW @ 10/1 Victor Chandler BOG

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.