Gonna fly now

SlevinSlide

Hello everyone! My name is Teo, I am 22 years old and I live in Romania. I've been playing poker for almost 2 years and I am ashamed to say that I haven't achieved anything yet. And I've tried them all: cash games, s'n'g tournaments, MTT's... my total lack of discipline has been the main reason behind every failure. And that's about to change. This is the first day. Today I played the session that convinced me to take this wonderful game seriously. I have what it takes. I just need to do it. Right now, my bankroll is split between 2 sites: PartyPoker: 5.44$ PokerStars: 0.40$ And I have big plans for these (almost) 6$. The plan is to play cash games on Party and tournaments on Stars (especially freerolls, for now). The target is... no target, actually. I want to climb up the stakes, become a better player and make money. I mean, the kind of money that could buy a nice car, a nice house and a trip to South America or Thailand (for example). Will it be a long road? Hell yes! Will it be difficult? No. I like playing poker, I like money, I enjoy learning. The way I see it, poker can become the kind of hobby that keeps me paid. And it will. Like I said, I know I can do it. As a matter of fact, it's half done already.:D I'll enjoy updating this journal (if I may call it that) and I hope you'll enjoy reading it. For now, have a nice evening (or day, depending on your time zone)! Slevin, out.

Re: Gonna fly now I've been getting my stuff in order these days and I'm about to start. Since I'm not great at accomplishing objectives, I might as well start doing it now. So, the first objective: earn 30 PartyPoints (needed to clear a $5 bonus) by Sunday evening. Right now, I have 58 points. In other news, I'm getting into sports betting. Again. I'll open a thread about that in the glory Hunters Forum. I'll update this journal on Sunday. With a positive result (I hope) and a screenshot. Have a great weekend, everyone!

• 8 months later...

Re: Gonna fly now As everyone may have realised, I've blown the bankroll a few days after starting this thread. For some reason that even I can't explain, I never took the time to write about it here (although, it may have been because I didn't want to "officially" admit another failure), but now, being the thread necromancer that I am, I'm planning on actually making this worth reading. First, a little update... In early December, I discovered the 10 Cent Giveaways on Victor Chandler Poker. Played them like a maniac, got to about $3, then the room moved to the Entraction Network. Taking advantage of the DoN SnG's there, I continued to increase my bankroll (getting rather lucky at times). I've experienced some interesting swings (who doesn't), but, generally, things went well. At one point, I had about €75. Unfortunately, I had to withdraw €45 (on a psychological level, it felt great; on the bankroll level, it didn't). Things were not the same after that and, eventually, I lost it all. The next step was to start looking for a site that offered something similar to the 10 Cent Giveaways. After learning that Everest Poker doesn't accept Romanian players, I finally landed on Blue Square Poker. So, here is where I stand: I've been playing their freeroll SnG's, amassing 91 Cents and realizing that this is going to be one heck of a grind. Still, it's better than playing freeroll tournaments with 5000 entrants. And, right now, I'm thinking about taking same shots at the 12 Cents games. First objective: $5. I'll keep this updated.

Re: Gonna fly now My plan for the next few days: playing 12 Cents SnG's to a balance of $3.60, then trying some Double Up's. The former are really soft (no surprise here) and I have enough experience playing the latter to allow myself to gamble a little. Right now, I'm sitting on $1.09: I've finally reached the $1 "milestone".

Re: Gonna fly now I've been getting reckless again, making risky calls and bluffing in tricky spots. Fortunately, I haven't had the chance to play a lot, so my bankroll is only down to $0.99. Since I've had a few beers, I'll just call it a night and relax. If history's an indicator, playing right now would be a big mistake. I must work on my game. A lot. And I'm not talking about the "technical" aspects, but about the psychological dimension; I seem to get crazy from time to time (especially when I'm in the lead or second in chips). If self hypnosis works, I'll let y'all know. For now, have a nice evening/day!

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Gonna fly now Apparently (and unfortunately), poker is not my thing. It's time I admitted that and started to concentrate on other things. I won't quit playing poker, but I'll only do it as a recreational player. One last thing: in case anyone is interested in a free bankroll on Tower Gaming, http://www.mypokerbankrolls.com/ is the place. I got it in about 24 hours, documents verified and all. These being said, good luck to everyone!