Flat Racing; Fri 22nd October

Lars

Sorry this is so early, just I think the prices for this one particular horse won't be there tomorrow and Bet365 have priced up very early for this one. 16:30 Doncaster The softer ground, the break and the distance all should suit Pevensey and I expect that he'll run well in this big handicap. Has had 5 duck-eggs in his last five runs, not getting particularly close in any of those efforts. However, they've all been off marks 13lbs higher to 5lbs higher. All but one of those runs have been on unfavourable ground for the horse (firmer). It's one recent flop which came on softer conditions was in a much hotter race than this, and still ran with a bit of credit. Pevensey has won 8 times, with 4 of them being on conditions of "good to soft". That exactly what he should get tomorrow (the ground shouldn't dry up too much). Has never won over this distance before but has won over 2f further, so should stay the trip on the more difficult ground. Is well-handicapped now, being on a similar mark than his last success (includes jockey claim). Was a non-runner on his last intended start at York, but looked like he might be well backed that day as the exchanges were pretty lively in his favour. Trainer is now back in some sort of form, with 7 wins and places from his past 19 runners. Not fantastic form, but the yard have struggled this season and it's more encouraging. With him definitely staying the trip, likely to love the ground and on a nice-looking mark now, this is definitely worth a bet. Not as big as stake as I was intending, as doubts over whether the ground will stay this soft. However, I'm sure he'll be a non-runner if it gets too quick. At this early price of 20/1, I'm willing to have a bet. EW @ 20/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: Flat Racing; Fri 22nd October 5.05 King Zeal - 1/2pt ew Been following apprentice J.Rogers recently and take a chance on one of his two mounts 2nd lto over distance in gd/soft conditions off a mark of 76 behind usefull Veiled applause and today rider as well , stays on same OR and in with a chance as handles conditions

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.