Opportunity's Sporting Log.

Opportunity.

Hello everyone! I've been following the the forums here for a long time, and I finally thought I'd sign-up and start contributing. I decided a log would be a good place to start. I'll be betting mainly on football, as I follow it religiously. I may have the odd bet on other sports, but it'll be mostly football I bet on. I have accounts with a few bookmakers, and I try to take the best prices on offer. I will start with a bank of 100 points, and I'll see where I go from there. I'll try and give reasoning for my bets, and I'll gladly answer any questions you may have. I'd like to thank Monterosso, for letting me use his "Bank" format, and SportsGreatest, for letting me use his formatting for my bets. I'll post my first bet shortly...

Blackpool vs. Manchester City. Barclays Premier League Blackpool vs. Manchester City. Manchester City to win @1.61. (Paddy Power) My first bet is on tomorrow's four o' clock game, between Premier League new-boys Blackpool and free-spending Manchester City. Blackpool have surprised everybody so far, and are coming off the back of an excellent victory against Liverpool at Anfield. They are currently sitting in tenth place, and they will hope they can continue to build on their fantastic start. However, they have a very thin squad, and I believe this could have a serious impact on them as the season progresses. Ian Holloway is a manager who I have massive respect for. He tries to set his team out playing attractive attacking football. Even though this is a recipe for disaster against the stronger teams, as proven by Chelsea and Arsenal, Ian Holloway sticks to his principles. He is also a very honest man, and he doesn't speak any bull****. Some of his interviews and quotes are quality stuff. Anyway, what I'm trying to say, is that I believe Man City will be able to take advantage of Blackpool's style of play tomorrow. Man City have also had an excellent start to the season, and were sitting in second place before this weekend's action. Chelsea only managed to get a point at Villa Park today, and Man City will want to take full advantage of this. Should they win, they will be just two points behind Chelsea at the top of the table. Man City are very solid defensively, with Mancini's defensive tactics, and have only conceded three goals in the league - a record bettered only by Chelsea. Nigel De Jong and Gareth Barry do an excellent job in-front of the defense, and should dominate the midfield tomorrow. James Milner and Adam Johnson should cause a lot of problems down the wings for Blackpool, and I'm hopeful that they will provide good service for Man City's captain and talisman, Carlos Tevez. In conclusion, Blackpool will come out and attack Man City tomorrow. However, they will not have much success with City being so solid at the back. They will then be open to Man City counter-attacks, especially with City's pace down the wings, and they should struggle to deal with the pace, strength, and quality of Carlos Tevez up front. I think Man City will have an easy game tomorrow, and should run out comfortable winners. That's just my opinion on the game. I'd love to hear your thoughts though. 5 Points - Manchester City to win @1.61. (Paddy Power)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.