Jump Racing ~ Thu 14th October

Wincanton 2.20 Singapore Harbour 0.5pt EW - 28/1 Handicap debut today and no surprise seeing him tried over 4f further. He was 4th lto. Traveled well, but but just couldn't go with the 3 leaders when they upped the tempo. They are all at least 15-20lb better than him though, so no surprise there especially over 2m2f. 90 is a fair mark and I expect improvement over 2m6f. Trainer usually knows what he's doing.

Re: Jump Racing ~ Thu 14th October Wincanton 3.50 Orion Star 1pt win - 10/3 I have doubts over all of these. Classic Clover won this last year, but off far lower mark and is not reliable despite running well lately. Wizard Of Edge has his own wizard Timmy Murphy on board, who knows how to get the best out of him and to win, but he needs soft ground, so again not a betting proposition at the price. If Hobbs has found the key to Lord Lescribaa, then he'll be with every chance, but I think he is a bit of a monkey. Hanging and throwing away the win when 2nd two starts ago. Then ran a stinker last time. The rest are all double figures and I don't see much appeal from any of them. The selection comes here after a break and I have a slight doubt about how fit he would be, but the form of his last win at Exeter looks extremely good and I have to get involved. 2nd and 3rd have won since. 4th has been 2nd. He can be a bit sketchy with his jumping, but if he puts it together, he'll go close. He did that lto.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.